Looking for a reliable a way to mark my absense from the house. There is currently a standard single wall switch for the hall light just next to my exit door. I was thinking of replacing it with this.
The idea is that one of the switches of this sonoff will be used for the hall light and the other two for automation, without any light connected to them behind. What do you think? Any ideas?
- Visible home/away indication (the switch has backlight which hopefully stays always on)
- No batteries involved
- There is still a switch for the hall light
- I can switch my phone’s wifi off during the night (which currently I can’t since I’m using that as ‘at home’ indicator)
- Relatively cheap
- Can combine it with device tracking (eg. if my phone connects to wifi then mode will change to ‘Home’ but ‘Away’ mode will only be activated using this wall switch, or Google Home).
- Not z-wave, but Wifi (not a big deal, I guess)
- Touch switch instead of simple switch (more difficult to operate without looking)