Led controller (Dimmer) using as fan controller in zigbee2mqtt

I’m using a zigbee led controller 1-10v dimmer as a fan controller for the Mechanical ventilation.

All is working fine, but it is shown as a light. I can’t seem to figure out if it’s possible to change it into a “fan device”. That way it’s a lot cleaner in the dashboard not counted as a light. I’ve changed the icon, but it’s not ideal.!

So how do i change the entity type to fan?’

Go-to the entity under devices and entities. And change ‘show as’, which will hide the light.entity and make a helper fan.entity

You mean this section correct? But then when I enter the settings i’m back to the menu that I’ve showned in the original question. So lacking the possibility of changing the “shown as”.

I do have that option on powerplugs. Those are shown as switches but I can change them into a fan.

You can change the device type in the zha section of yaml in configuration.yml, did not see your screenshot. Change switch type helpers only work for switches, sorry.

zha: 
  device_config: 84:71:27:ff:fe:93:17:24-1: 
    type: "switch"

Then once the device is a switch, you can use the helper to make it a fan.

‘Modifying device type’

Thnx for you’re input so far. I’am using zigbee2mqtt instead of ZHA.

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/configuration/devices-groups.html#common-device-options

Looks about to have simular options, but not quite sure what should be added to change it into a switch.
I’ve tried to modifying the following to the config/zigbee2mqtt/devices.yaml

'0xa4c138fe5e7a7252':
  Friendly_name: Centrale afzuiging
  Homeassistant:
    switch:
      device_class: switch

'0xa4c138fe5e7a7252':
  Friendly_name: Centrale afzuiging
  Homeassistant:
    device_class: switch

Both without succes, but I think this is the right place.

What hardware do you use for dimming?

I have the same case/issue. Did you find the solution?