LED light show/How can I make this work

I posted a hypothetical project on mysensors but think it relates more with Home Assistant, so will ask for some guidance here.

I have a fun project I am putting together for a community strings group concert. We want to light up their violin bows (25 violin bows) with RGB LEDs and control them through Home Assistant. In a nut shell, each bow would have these LEDs attached the full run of the bow: WS2812B LED Strip DC 5V Black White PCB Smart Addressable Pixel WS2812 IC 30, attached to an arduino mini or nano and NRF24L01+ 2.4GHz radio .

A single controller would send a numeric value to home assistant and similar code (below) would be executed on each arduino to display different light patterns. With each song played, another numeric value would be sent to the controller to change the light color and patterns.

Does this seem like it can work as I am describing, or is there a flaw in my thinking. From research, I have found there may be some limitations on how many LEDs can be lite up and 9volt battery power could present other limitations. I am looking for advice before I purchase the hardware. (There is a remote possibility we could use DC power but I would prefer not to do that if at all possible). Since we are in planning, I am flexible and can incorporate other solutions as long as it is economical.
Thank you in advance for sharing opinions on how I can get this to work.

Sample Code:

Code
void startShow(int i) {
  switch(i){
    case 0: colorWipe(strip.Color(0, 0, 0), 50);    // Black/off
            break;
    case 1: colorWipe(strip.Color(0, 43, 0), 50);  // Green
            break;
    case 2: colorWipe(strip.Color(34, 34, 0), 50);  // Yellow
            break;
    case 3: colorWipe(strip.Color(43, 0, 0), 50);  // Red
            break;