LED Matrix MQTT Sign

I’m afraid I know nothing about ESPHome :frowning:

Thanks Keith.

I used the feedparser custom component but I get the following [object] issue. What version is your feedparser?

I use 0.0.6 but as far as I know it always looks like that unless you break out each object as shown above.

1 Like

you mean in the automations?

@keithh666 I got it working thanks but is there anyway were I could show all t he titles available from Sky Tech Feed? so instead of entries[1].title maybe entries[0].title?

@keithh666 entries[0].title gives the title of the first news only and not all the available news.

There isn’t a synopsis, you could create one with a for loop or just list them all out as it tells you how many there are.

How can I just list them out mate?

Where n is a number between 0 and the number of items-1

You would have to ask someone that knows templating better then me to work it out tho’.

1 Like

Stumbled over this and just wanted to say that I love it, almost gotten it to work and wonders if someone have more working examples and ideas this long after :slight_smile:

Hi fellas u might be interested in this project as it is very advanced in features and more than easy to setup

1 Like

I got tthe wemo to flash with keithh666’s files - thank you.

But the order of the matrix display is out of sync.
its a 8x8 4 modules on a connected PCB.
The displayed text starts a=n the 1st 8x8 then scrolls to #4–>#3 -->#2
so the order is #1–>#4–>#3 -->#2

do i need to change #define MAX_DEVICES 12 ?
or connect the 3 pin on the other side (#4 8x8 module)
AliExp - MAX7219 dot matrix module microcontroller module 4 in one display

Then you have 4 devices :slight_smile: each 8x8 module is a device. The pins can only be connected one way as it says on the underside input on one side to output on the other for connecting another set of devices.