Led Strip advice needed: how to easily control Dual White Led Strip?

For my kitchen I want to install some dual white (cold and warm white) led strips under the cabinets to light the kitchen counter, I just can’t seem to find any good source on how to control them well from Home Assistant (or any other external way really).

The plan is to light the strips anytime someone walks into the kitchen and have settings for different kinds of circumstances. Like having a longer wait time before going off during cooking time and having a low intensity setting during the nights (would be really convenient during the nightly baby-bottle making sessions). I already have built a sensor based on an ESP32 that detects motion as well as ambient light levels that communicates with HA through MQTT.

Now I just need a way to control the led strip through HA. Through MQTT or a direct component doesn’t really matter to me, as long as I have good control over light intensity and color-temperature settings. I’m not afraid of the soldering iron and programming some Arduino code, I just need some info on where to start with this. Most tutorials are on RGB strips or WS2812B addressable strips. Is there something equivalent to the FastLed Library that I can use for this project?

Any help with this is much appreciated!

Edit: I’m thinking of something like this, but of course IP65 or up, this is just some reference.

I am interested in this. Did you find any solutions?

In the end I installed IKEA LED strips with a Trådfri driver. I already had a Trådfri setup in my home so it was easy to add. It’s not dual white, but it is dimmable and it’s a solid solution so I’m happy with it :slight_smile:

Ok.

I fond H801 controller and it seem a good solution: