[LEDE] how to stop hass from compiling already present modules

Hi, i’m running hass 0.39.3 on LEDE(owrt) - not using virtualenv obviously.

i’ve compiled netifaces, and installed it via opkg, i can manually import it so that seems to work.
i’ve installed netdisco via pip3 install netdisco, python3 -m netdisco and reports my devices just fine.

yet when I run hass it insists on re-installing netdisco
17-03-28 21:42:04 INFO (<concurrent.futures.thread.ThreadPoolExecutor object at 0x11ad520>_8) [homeassistant.util.package] Attempting install of netdisco==0.9.1
Command “/usr/bin/python3.6 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-09opml76/netifaces/setup.py’;exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file).read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’), file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-07qlmdih-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --home=/tmp/tmpg16vmvio” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-09opml76/netifaces/
17-03-28 21:44:35 ERROR (<concurrent.futures.thread.ThreadPoolExecutor object at 0x11ad520>_8) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Not initializing discovery because could not install dependency netdisco==0.9.1

I can work around this by launching hass with --skip-pip but would rather have hass behave as it was designed to. Any hints on what’s wrong here?

thanks!

Is the version of netdisco you’ve installed definitely the correct one? What does pip freeze | grep netdisco show?

thanks for the quick reply

~# pip3 freeze | grep netdisco netdisco==0.9.2

hass is trying to install 0.9.1, and you have 0.9.2 installed. Try pip3 install netdisco==0.9.1 outside of hass and see if that resolves the issue?

doh! Guess I didn’t expect hass to attempt a downgrade.

thanks for the help!