LedFx deep integration component

LedFX for Home Assistant

hacs_badge Telegram

Component for deep integration LedFx from Home Assistant.

Requirements

Important information

• :exclamation: Effect controls (number, switch, select) are disabled by default. They must be enabled manually.
  • :exclamation: Controls (number, switch, select) if enabled, have the status UNAVAILABLE by default. After enabling the effect on the device, the status will be changed by those that are supported by this effect.

More info

Install

The easiest way to install the LedFx integration is with HACS. First install HACS if you don’t have it yet. After installation you can find this integration in the HACS store under integrations.

Alternatively, you can install it manually. Just copy and paste the content of the hass-ledfx/custom_components folder in your config/custom_components directory. As example, you will get the sensor.py file in the following path: /config/custom_components/ledfx/sensor.py. The disadvantage of a manual installation is that you won’t be notified about updates.

Config

Via GUI

Settings > Integrations > Plus > LedFx

To connect, enter the ip address and port. And also if you use basic auth, enter the user and password.

:exclamation: Via YAML (legacy way) not supported

Performance

1. Install lovelace-auto-entities from HACS
  2. Install light-entity-card from HACS
  3. Add new Lovelace card before that replacing device: example
6 Likes

Loving this component. Works great controlling and automating LedFX with WLED!

I need some help. I am trying to integrate LedFX into Home Assistant.
I have Led light strip set up in my living room using esp32 board. I have wled. I am able to use the wled app and control my lights. I then downloaded ledfx and installed it on my pc. I have an audio input going into my pc. I am able to get the lights to respond to the audio input using the ledfx app.
I have downloaded the LedFx deep integration component. I am able to see my led strip device.
I followed the steps and installed the lovelace-auto-entities and light-enity-card.
I created a lovelace card and copied in the example text:

It shows me the basic light controls. I can change the effects. But I am missing the next card which has the attribute settings. I can’t figure out how to get this to display. I am confused about what should be put in for the device. The example document says your_device_id. I had a hard time finding this and am not sure I found the right one. I started to create an automation and added my led strip. Then looked at the yaml code and saw a device_id. So I added that here, but it doesn’t seem to work.
Also, the power switch is very finicky. When I turn it off. It usually turns itself back on in a couple of seconds.
Anyone got any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Expect a new version coming soon (brand new).

I am very excited for this release!
I cannot seem to get any ledfx releases to work , so here’s hoping on the new version:)

Thanks for your efforts!

Very interested to see this. Many thanks for your efforts.

Telegram

Changes in v2.0.0

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation: Warning! This is a release 2.0.0. This version is completely incompatible with previous versions. I recommend removing all integrations and then restarting HASS.

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation: Warning! All objects will have a new entity_id

BREAKING CHANGES

• The component has been completely rewritten
  • Fully covered with tests
  • The component is completely redesigned under DataUpdateCoordinator
  • Optimized start and stop (Asynchronous. Start time in HASS is not correct, they count asynchronous too.)
  • All entity_ids are now generated based on ip address
  • Removed customization support from yaml
  • Added advanced logging
  • All objects will have a new entity_id
  • Added system health monitoring
  • Added and passed all validators and conditions for entering the HACS Default

Telegram

Changes in v2.0.1

BUGFIXES

• Fixed bug with empty custom presets. - #11

Telegram

Changes in v2.1.0

BREAKING CHANGES

• Added support for LedFx 2.x;
  • Fixed the name of the effects.

Telegram

Changes in v3.0.0

BREAKING CHANGES

• :exclamation: The minimum version of HASS has been raised to 2023.3.0 - #19

@dmamontov the integration isn’t working anymore, the issue is reported on github, could you have a look please?

3 Likes

Can confirm, integration is broken. Don’t install it until somebody does a fix as the uninstall process fails as well.

So sad that there is no fix, I’m not sure its very complicated and the integration was really useful to automate Ledfx inside home assistant !

So this integration is currently broken? Is that why I’m not seeing it in the HACS tab? The Github page tells me it’s super easy to install through the HACS page but I can’t find it and it’s making me feel like I’m crazy!

Just moved from Hubitat to Home Assistant and I was looking forward to using this too! Hope someone can get this integrated again.

Please Help!
Что я делаю не так?

It looks like the original maintainer has abandoned the project. [BUG] LedFx does not wokr under Home Assistant 2023.6.1 · Issue #21 · dmamontov/hass-ledfx · GitHub however another Dev has forked it and is working again: GitHub - DeKaN/hass-ledfx: LedFx for Home Assistant