Lennox M30 Thermostat Control with HA

I have a lennox M30 thermostat and HA does not have any integration for it. It has very crappy unresponsive iComfort app but the google-home integration is somewhat stable. So to control it from my HA dashboard ( a wall mounted fire hd 8) - I created a generic_thermostat which monitors an iris motion sensor temperature for sensing. Then when the thermostat switches to cool, I use HA automation to send turn on command via assistant relay. Similarly when it switches to off/idle - I send off command via assistant relay. I have a bunch of iris contact sensor in my doors and windows and they have temperature sensing. So I can create as many thermostats I want and put them in any room I like.

Hope it helps someone stuck with a Lennox.

1 Like

Give this a try:

Your own github states
A custom component for Home Assistant to integrate with Lennox iComfort S30 or Lennox iComfort E30 thermostats

Please Note: This component does not support the other models of Lennox Thermostats

His is a M30 So, this custom component now supports Lennox iComfort M30?

The S30, E30, M30 are similar and all use the same phone appā€¦

The Control4 integration uses same API as this HA integration and the Lennox docs say that Control4 supports the M30. So itā€™s likely itā€™ll work

Give it a try and let us know?

v0.2.0 is working for the my M30ā€™s but only using the cloud connection. I initially tried to connect locally since all my M30ā€™s have a static IP but it did not work, it might be a limitation of the hardware.

Thanks for this integration!

Thanks for the update, Iā€™ll add that info to the readme.

The port we try to connect to is port 443. I wonder if the port is not open. If I do this:

https://192.168.1.195/

Where that is the IP of the S30 In a browser I get an empty page. If I access an IP that does not have that open I get a connection error.

Running a port scanner (like Fing on my ipad), I see ports 22 and 443 open.

Youā€™re correct the port is closed, I get a connection error when using https in a browser to reach the device. I also ran a port scan and did not find any open ports.

@Cycloid - had a bug reported regarding thermostat setpoint with the M30. This may affect you also.

Used to work when the name of the Integration stated ā€œHome Assistant Lennox S30 / E30 / M30 integrationā€
It stopped working for M30s several months ago, when the name changed to ā€œHome Assistant Lennox S30 / E30 integrationā€
Cloud authentication no longer work for the integration (for M30). And S30/E30 support local connection but the M30 does not.

One reason for this perhaps is that the iComfort app no longer works (for M30), but iComfort Sync still works, so i guess the Integration needs a update / authentication reviewā€¦

Please file a report here: