Let's Encrypt - documentation or feature issue?

In the documentation for the Let’s Encrypt add-on, there is an example configuration for Hurricane Electric. It uses the provider ‘dns-he’.

The ‘dns-he’ provider is not listed as a valid provider on the same page, and it does not appear to be recognized as a valid provider.

Of course, I would prefer this be addressed by supporting Hurricane Electric for DNS validation.

This is a community addon but it does have other avenues to get feedback and help I think.
In any case this is not a feature request, I am moving this to a different category.

If you are having a problem with a specific AddOn, the first point of contact is in the Github post that you found it in originally.

Most if not all the people there that know the product and use the software that will be able to give you more accurate information regarding your problem.

Here you might find someone.

1 Like

I landed here because I was asking myself the same question. I use HE and while the documentation (still) provides a configuration example it isn’t listed a ‘supported’ service…so why there is an example and yest it isn’t supported makes no sense to me.

In either case it is a bit a problem as it will accept the config but then I get an error:

[20:26:08] INFO: Selected DNS Provider: dns-he
[20:26:08] INFO: Use propagation seconds: 60
[20:26:08] INFO: Detecting existing certificate type for xxxxxxxxx
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
[20:26:09] INFO: No certificate found - using 'ecdsa' key type.
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for xxxxxxxx
Encountered exception during recovery: certbot.errors.PluginError: Unable to authenticate to HE DNS
Unable to authenticate to HE DNS

HE is supported by Let’s Encrypt so I’m puzzled.

Did anyone ever get this to go?

I have a domain and really don’t want the hassle of multiple DNS providers and/or creating a nonsense domain (e.g. DuckDNS) just to get NGINX up and running and BueIris integrated… :frowning: