Let's Encrypt Stand Alone failure to update

I use the Let’s Encrypt Stand Alone add-on in conjunction with portmap.io. This has been working very well for me, however I am getting close to needing to renew my certificate, and I am now getting an error when running it.

starting version 3.2.4 Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator standalone, Installer None An unexpected error occurred: ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /directory (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75b9c4f0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,)) Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

I have seen other posts about this being a dns issue, but I am able to curl the url no problem from the ResinOS.

Host system

|Hostname|hassio|
|System|Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1|

Home Assistant

Nevermind. I have no idea what was wrong, but I just completed the migration to HassOS, and now it is working. No configuration change, but it is working fine now.

I will just have to monitor and see how it goes.

I have been trying to get Let’s Encrypt Stand Alone add-in to work with portmap.io without success. Could you please share exactly how you did this?

Sorry it has been a while, and I don’t use this anymore. I now use the native cloud option in Home Assistant, it works really well for me.

However, if I remember right, all I had to do was run the LetsEncrypt which put the certificate files in the HA directory structure. If I remember correctly the last piece I had to figure out was the verification for LetsEncrypt. I ended up turning on HTTP in portmap.io which allowed port 80 to come through the tunnel. I had to make sure nothing else in HA was using port 80. That was the trick, the LetsEncrypt Addon turns on port 80 for the verification, so that needs to be open on the internet hence though portmap.io.

Anyways even though i had it working and it was stable, just using the HA Cloud has been a much easier solution.