Let's start talking about the new Z-wave JS integration

Guys just a quick question. Whos using the official version, how do we heal the network ?

As far as I am aware, not yet supported in the UI. Need to use ZwaveJS2MQTT add-on or other means of triggering a heal.

1 Like

In the UI click on heal network as shown here

Note this is in the UI for zwavejs2mqtt not inside of HA itself.

Thats ZwaveJS2MQTT server UI though. Not the Z-Wave JS add-on server OR the Z-wave JS integration, which I think he was asking about.

It doesn’t exist yet in the official version.

I gotcha yeah sorry don’t have that installed as I’m not using that version of HA. When I did use that it was still installing docker containers, does it not do that anymore? I would think that the UI would still be available to you to be able to get into.

Edit: NVM I see @petro has provided clarification on this matter.

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. I am using the new zwave integration.
I was able to add zooz ZSE19 s2 multisiren successfully. I can view the temperature and humidity sensor as well as trigger the siren. What I am not able to do is trigger chimes in automation.

I also saw that users were able to trigger chime by calling the below service. Is there any workaround for zwavejs as set config service did not work for me.

zwave.set_config_parameter

Service Data:

node_id: 74
      parameter: 3
      value: 5

That’s the service for the old, now-deprecated, built-in ZWave integration. The new zwave-js integration doesn’t support setting or getting config values yet, so your only option right now is to use the zwjs2mqtt web UI to do it.

Ah bummer, so I guess no way to use chime then in zse19 as it does not show as an entity or anything

Not if you need to dynamically change a parameter in HA. It’s a key missing feature and hopefully it’ll show up soon. I see that a “get config parameter” PR was opened, so that’s a start.

Some folks have enabled the MQTT server in zwjs2mqtt, and you can publish messages to that to use features that aren’t yet supported natively even if you’re using the websocket for normal HA support.

yeah, i dont like it too much. i do use it for paremeters config. but then i delete it again. official is less buggy

if you use the mqtt you can and its super easy!

I might try mqtt, was avoiding to duplicate devices. Is there a link how you can pass parameters using mqtt

I can report that my wink sensors reported device model and manufacture as ‘unknown’, all the relevant entities for my purposes did populate at least.

1 Like

I agree. This is kind of a deal breaker at the moment. I have several Z-wave devices that I need to set configuration parameters for. Trying to accomplish this with two separate integrations is clunky at best.

It’s really not that bad. The config parameters are exposed via MQTT as values and it’s pretty simple to set them by publishing to topics. If it’s important to you now, don’t let it scare you away.

Setting values is described here, and it’s easiest to use MQTT Explorer to see the topics and test publishing commands. In this case, it’s as simple as finding the topic and publishing a message to the topic with “/set” appended. Setting the “Topic type” to “Named topics” in the Gateway section makes it easier to identify the right topic.

Ok, thanks for the link. I’ll mess with it a bit and see what I can accomplish.

I believe this would not work in a HA OS environment as you can’t use sudo to install the virtual USB device.

I have the same issue. It’s hard not having the garage door automated anymore. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Does anyone know of a way to stop the zwave network using the zwavejs2mqtt UI like we could do with the old zwave UI in HA?

I know I can stop the container but it doesn’t feel as elegant.

And I’m not sure if that could cause issues with the network if there is activity when the network suddenly gets shut off by stopping the container.