Levition Zigbee Switch stuck in "Starting Interview" when pairing after working before

I’ve ordered this Levition Zigbee dimmer off amazon. After paring it once before 2 days ago it worked flawlessly. However, something deleted my home assistant config directory and I had to roll in a backup. The backup itself worked very well and all devices are back, however this switch was added after the last backup. I thought no problem, at least I have to only add one device. However after multiple hours it still won’t pair. It is stuck in ‘Starting Interview’ with ever changing NWK IDs.

Does anyone know what else I could try?

Here is what I’ve tried and seen:

• I’ve tried the recommendation of this thread to press the pairing button every 3 seconds during discovery. There is no real pairing button on the rocker switch, you put it in pairing by long pressing the top paddle 7 seconds and then once more to start inclusion mode. (instructions here)
  • I’ve hard reset the switch multiple times (long press top paddle for 14 seconds
  • I’ve restarted the ZHA integration multiple times
  • I’ve restarted Home Assistant multiple times
  • I’ve 20 other devices on my network that all work fine
  • I see a lot of this in the logs when pairing this leviton dimmer:
    2022-06-12 20:48:12 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.application] Device 00:22:a3:00:00:3a:5f:d2 
    changed id (0x0580 => 0x0580)
    2022-06-12 20:48:12 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.device] [0x0580] Scheduling initialization
    2022-06-12 20:48:12 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.device] [0x0580] Canceling old initialize call

It would show up like 5 or 6 times. It looks like it’s always cancelling itself
  • I see the ‘NWK’ ID on the ZHA integration UI quickly changing when the ‘Starting Interview’ box shows
  • it all worked yesterday, before I had to roll in the backup