Leviton Dimmers - Setting advance options

I have a few Leviton zwave dimmers that are exhibiting odd behaviour… Perhaps someone can offer some advice or let me know if they are performing as expected…

Running Hass.io on a Rpi3 with an aoetec wave stick gen2… Also exposing the switches to HomeKit

The issue I’m seeing… I can go into the zwave config panel and set the advanced features of the leviton switches… things such as fade on/off time, max/min brightness etc … When I set these features, the switch adheres to the setting but only if I activate the physical switch… If I activate the dimmer from the Hass.io control panel or through HomeKit, the switches activate like they never had any of the advanced features set…

for example, I will set the fade on time for my lights to “0” … this should mean the lights turn on and off instantly without any delay… After making the setting changes via the zwave config panel, the lights will now turn on and off instantly but only if I use the pysical switch … activating the lights remotely causes them to fade on and off…

Can anyone explain why this is happening? how can I change the behaviour so that my switches function the same via physical and remote operation?

Thanks