Leviton DZS15 Z-Wave switch state change

Hello. My Leviton DZS15 switches are not updating the state when I manually switch them on or off. I am a decent programmer but new to python… can’t seem to find out where in the code this is handled.

I am seeing libopenzwave callbacks when I manually turn the switch on or off but its not being picked up by the front end.

DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : new notification
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : Notification type : 26, nodeId : 2
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : call callback context
DEBUG:openzwave:zwcallback args=[{‘notificationType’: ‘Notification’, ‘notificationCode’: 1, ‘nodeId’: 2, ‘homeId’: 25503801}]
DEBUG:openzwave:Z-Wave Notification : {‘notificationType’: ‘Notification’, ‘notificationCode’: 1, ‘nodeId’: 2, ‘homeId’: 25503801}
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : end
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : new notification
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : Notification type : 22, nodeId : 2
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : call callback context
DEBUG:openzwave:zwcallback args=[{‘notificationType’: ‘NodeQueriesComplete’, ‘nodeId’: 2, ‘homeId’: 25503801}]
DEBUG:openzwave:Z-Wave Notification NodeQueriesComplete : {‘notificationType’: ‘NodeQueriesComplete’, ‘nodeId’: 2, ‘homeId’: 25503801}
DEBUG:openzwave:Z-Wave Notification Node : home_id: [0x01852839] id: [2] name: [] model: [Unknown: type=1c02, id=0334]
DEBUG:libopenzwave:notif_callback : end

I have two of these switches as well… I enabled polling for now to get around it but it is very slow.

My GE switches seem to update nearly instantly.

I did notice that this model is not in the OpenZwave manufacture specific database.

If it has a custom return of some-kind this is where it likely needs to be fixed.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I only have two of them because I frankly don’t like them as much as the rocker style GE ones. So I just live with Polling being good enough.

I too could not get my DZ6HD to update it’s status in HA when I was switching it on or off manually.
After a couple days of reading forums I finally understood steps. I assume this is for having it working on a rpi.

1. install openzwave - check the comments as there are lines to comment out to be able to compile it succesfully.
  2. Have to associate the lifeline group of each light switch to the z-wave controller(#1 and none other) using the open z-wave control panel, click save.
  3. Replacing the zwcfg_***.xml file from /home/pi/open-zwave-control-panel to /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant.

I hope this will help someone.

1 Like

(Note that with the Z-Wave control panel in HA these days, you can do that directly from HA)

1 Like

That’s interesting info. Can’t you tell me where you saw this?

Where is the “lifeline group” setting in ozwcp? Can’t seem to find it.

I’m having the same problem with my HomeSeer dimmer switches. I opened an issue here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/9406