Leviton Load Center supported?

First thank you for a great product. I just installed and not seeing Frequency or Volts on my breakers. I am using First Gen breakers, but using the LWHEM device. Not sure if that doesn’t show the same details?

Also it looks like I get data on a 5 minute interval (ie that is how often a data point lands in HA) however that data can be 30 min late, is that expected?

Thanks,

Just curious as to how this integration has progressed?

I’m a new HA user and have two Leviton Load Center panels + a mixture of 1st-gen and 2nd-gen smart breakers + two LWHEM hubs and I’d love to integrate HA+Leviton if at all possible.

What’s the current story as of Dec. 2023? Is it still no API from Leviton and we use the HA integration from GitHub?

Hi,

I am reading your posts and don’t see many people install smart loadcenters posted or integrate with HA.

1- Can you do load management with Leviton smart load center? i.e. you have a 100amp service and have two dryers, two stoves, and an electric car and want the stoves to take priority and then dryers and then the car so main breaker on the loadcenter does not trip?

2- Is there a hissing sound from Leviton smart breakers? I have read they make an annoying noise.

3- In case of load management, what happens if the HA server goes down? then the smart breakers are not smart in terms of load management anymore?

Thanks.

Hi Bruce
Well, let me answer the easy one first. #2 “…is there a hissing sound?”. I have Generation 1 breakers and there is absolutely no hissing from any of them. I can not respond to Generation 2 as I have not updated any of my system yet. Not sure as to the way I am going to go in the future.

Question #1: I would have to say you could do Load Balancing with the Leviton Generation 2 system. Gen 2 has the ability to Trip and Reset breakers remotely according to what I have researched, unlike Gen 1 which can only Trip the breaker remotely, but not Reset set it remotely. Interestingly enough I complained about this lack of RESET function to them in August 2022 (see above post) with Leviton. So now they have Gen2 which has incorporated “Reset” into their breakers/hub.

Being that Gen2 is a new product I am not sure as to how the Smart Breakers will hold up to continuously being Tripped and Reset numerous times a day (Load Management). I have yet to see an API from Leviton. I am still contemplating switching out my Leviton Smart Panel for a Square “D” (Schneider) system with their version of Smart Breakers. Why? I like their breakers is because they have a low voltage 3 wire pigtail off of each breaker. You supply + 24 volts to either of the hot wire leads depending on if you want to Trip or Reset the breaker for a few nano seconds. The 3rd wire is the low voltage ground wire. I will be wiring each breaker to a relay that will be controlled by a Raspberry Pi. We shall see if the Financial Director (wife) will allow me to move forward. Just remember that there are a few negatives that go along with Smart Breakers.
Question #3: I have been running HA for a couple years NON-Stop with 38 devices on it, and I have not had any issues with it so it is a solid system. I also have the HA - Pi on a battery backup so that it does not die with the numerous power line hits over the course of each year. The Smart Breakers retain their last position so there is no issue there, that is unless the power outage overlaps a Point in Time where HA was supposed to trigger a breaker to do something. You would have to write some code so that after each Power outage, HA will automatically validate its current settings with the actual breaker positions. Enjoy!.