LG Smart ThinQ - Component

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum,
I tried to follow the Custom component guide https://github.com/sampsyo/hass-smartthinq, but I copy the files in the custom_components directory and for the command
python3 example.py -c US -l en-US
I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "example.py", line 1, in <module>
    import wideq
  File "/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/wideq/wideq/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from .client import *  # noqa
  File "/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/wideq/wideq/client.py", line 627
    self.model: ModelInfo = client.model_info(device)
              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

can someone help me
thank you all

Hi Ice,

Where did you end up buying the PWFMDD201 module?

Regards
Pedro

see that great repo?
Work inegration for washer LG
https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-washer

3 Likes

This is awesome, been waiting for an easy way to add my LG Washer Dryer combo!

Quick one,now that I have it integrated, can I control from HA? Or is it simply to view state of the washer?

Sensors only

This is fantastic. I’m really pleased to see both my washer and dryer integrated into home assistant.

I’ve implemented a nice UI, using picture-elements cards.

Here’s what the yaml looks like for the washer. The dryer is the same setup, but with the sensor.dryer entity instead. Images are from the home depot website, but I shrank the resolution down to 300x300px to fit my screen better.

elements:
  - entity: sensor.washer
    icon: 'mdi:power'
    style:
      left: 25%
      top: 10%
    type: state-icon
  - attribute: remain_time
    entity: sensor.washer
    style:
      color: white
      font-size: 2em
      right: 12%
      top: 10%
    type: state-label
  - attribute: run_state
    entity: sensor.washer
    style:
      bottom: 5%
      font-size: 2em
      left: 50%
    type: state-label
image: local/washer.png
type: picture-elements

I’ve also got a few automations configured, to cast the view to my Nest Hub whenever the laundry starts, and to announce a completed load once the machine has finished. It’s a huge improvement over LG’s native app, which does very little and is flaky. Huge thanks to all the developers who’ve contributed to this work!

7 Likes

Awesome, so easy. Thank you. Been waiting for this.
Got my Washer, Dryer and Refrigerator.

Добрый день! Помогите пожалуйста получить токен человеку, который слегка туповат))))(нет глубоких знаний) не понял, что конкретно делать для его получения?

Just got my washer in today still waiting on the dryer but loving this integration. I even have it working with the custom component of Alexa media player.

Отвлекся от темы - пройду путь со своим холодильником заново - поделюся как получить токен, но мне не помогло - надо учить програмирование, процедура происходит через учетную запись LG

Hi,
I am new to HA and have been tinkering on the system for 2 months now.
I am trying your steps but I think I encountering some errors on language and country code. I don’t think it is my country but the country where my account database is.
So you have any idea how to retrieve this info?

PS: I am from Brazil.

Has anyone been able to get a ThinQ oven to work? Works great with my fridge and dishwasher, but no luck on the oven…

Any chance of adding support for the LG Styler as well? I just got a used one and I would like to add it to my stack.

How did you get the fridge to work? following instructions here?

how did you do it ? ie a small step by step guide would be nice
the only thing the app is good for is know when a load is dry, and even then they call it a wash cycle

Relatively recently tried to re-configure the fridge but it looks like something changed in the token lie policy and I couldn’t get it again

is getting a fridge in to HA the same as a drier? if so how is it done?

this custom can fridre sensors

Just this morning, I was able to add my washer, dryer, and fridge using that custom component and all appear to be working and reporting updates correctly. Thanks!

I have created automations that announce on our speaker when the washer or dryer has completed their cycle or when there is an error. With the washer at the other end of the house, it’s a convenient way to know when they have completed their cycle. Additionally, I have a conditional button-card that displays the timer of each when state is on so we can see how much time is remaining without going all the way to the laundry room. Very convenient.