LG Smart ThinQ - Component

Good day. Just started setting up the server HA. And using the components: sampsyo/hass-smartthinq. I’m trying to connect my LG refrigerator. Using the instructions, I managed to get a token during authorization on the service website. Added it to the server configuration file. However, despite the presence of an option " **discovery:" in the configuration, no sensor appeared. It’s possible that because of my small skills I’m doing something completely wrong.

Dont have a LG fridge so cant comment too much. But i assume you have rebooted after adding the integration?

Thank you for responding. Of course, I rebooted the server. I just started to master it. Of the devices, so far only this refrigerator is available to me.

a you speak about refrige. You can add ref? Help me too pls

You obviously misunderstood me (my main language is Russian I use Google translator) - I just received the token of the LG account according to the installation instructions for the modules: smartthinq and wideq. Just blindly following the instructions for installing them. However, he could not advance further. However, when I answered your question, I found the topic “LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning” in which a person uploaded a PDF file with api LG and was surprised - this document contains in its beginning a mention of a refrigerator. Perhaps this document, or a person who was able to use it to connect the LG air conditioner, will help us.

1 Like

My primary language russian too) If you can connect ref, tell me how pls)

Hi Keiran,

Was there some kind of matrix you used to work out that the PWFMDD201 wifi dongle would work on your system? i have the B55AWYU3G5 (ABUW55G7SB0), I’m just worried I order the wrong thing :slight_smile:

Regards
Pedro

Hi, sorry no. I managed to get hold of a LG air con expert here in Australia and he confirmed it was the right part. I think they only make a single wifi dongle though so as long as your indoor unit has the USB interface it should be ok? Funnily enough I was up in my attic yesterday and got a photo of how the installers fitted it See attached. image image

Hey Kieran I am looking to get an LG ducted in my new home with this same dongle, did you get it to work with Home Assistant and also does it control any zones?

Yup works well (see thermostat screenshots above from aug 2019).

Re zone control - not for me unfortunately. I didnt realise this till after i purchased, but i got the cheaper LG wall Control. This means an another external zone control panel is installed next to it. If you get the expensive LG wall control (the one with much more LCD screen) - it has full zone control on the same panel. So you should be able to control your zones if you get that one. Was a bit annoyed at my air con guys for not telling me this in advance!

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum,
I tried to follow the Custom component guide https://github.com/sampsyo/hass-smartthinq, but I copy the files in the custom_components directory and for the command
python3 example.py -c US -l en-US
I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "example.py", line 1, in <module>
    import wideq
  File "/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/wideq/wideq/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from .client import *  # noqa
  File "/usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/custom_components/wideq/wideq/client.py", line 627
    self.model: ModelInfo = client.model_info(device)
              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

can someone help me
thank you all

Hi Ice,

Where did you end up buying the PWFMDD201 module?

Regards
Pedro

see that great repo?
Work inegration for washer LG
https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-washer

3 Likes

This is awesome, been waiting for an easy way to add my LG Washer Dryer combo!

Quick one,now that I have it integrated, can I control from HA? Or is it simply to view state of the washer?

Sensors only

This is fantastic. I’m really pleased to see both my washer and dryer integrated into home assistant.

I’ve implemented a nice UI, using picture-elements cards.

Here’s what the yaml looks like for the washer. The dryer is the same setup, but with the sensor.dryer entity instead. Images are from the home depot website, but I shrank the resolution down to 300x300px to fit my screen better.

elements:
  - entity: sensor.washer
    icon: 'mdi:power'
    style:
      left: 25%
      top: 10%
    type: state-icon
  - attribute: remain_time
    entity: sensor.washer
    style:
      color: white
      font-size: 2em
      right: 12%
      top: 10%
    type: state-label
  - attribute: run_state
    entity: sensor.washer
    style:
      bottom: 5%
      font-size: 2em
      left: 50%
    type: state-label
image: local/washer.png
type: picture-elements

I’ve also got a few automations configured, to cast the view to my Nest Hub whenever the laundry starts, and to announce a completed load once the machine has finished. It’s a huge improvement over LG’s native app, which does very little and is flaky. Huge thanks to all the developers who’ve contributed to this work!

7 Likes

Awesome, so easy. Thank you. Been waiting for this.
Got my Washer, Dryer and Refrigerator.

Добрый день! Помогите пожалуйста получить токен человеку, который слегка туповат))))(нет глубоких знаний) не понял, что конкретно делать для его получения?

Just got my washer in today still waiting on the dryer but loving this integration. I even have it working with the custom component of Alexa media player.

Отвлекся от темы - пройду путь со своим холодильником заново - поделюся как получить токен, но мне не помогло - надо учить програмирование, процедура происходит через учетную запись LG