LG Tv WebOS Remote Control

Hi
I got the same error message “ Custom element doesn’t exist: Ig-remote-control.”
Can’t seem to figure out what is going on

Part of the resource string for this component seems to have been set to null. You can edit it and fix the problem, details in this GitHub thread

1 Like

Thanks a lot Clam58 it worked a charm

1 Like

Is it possible to provide a bit more information on how this should look now. Looking at the changes in the GitHub issues thread, it doesn’t seem to line up with the configuration file structure in my HAOS instance.

Last time I set this up, I used a bunch of trial an error. I don’t seem to really understand how these are loaded. After trying to match what you are showing from the GitHub page, I still don’t seem to be able to get the error to go away.

Here is the setup that I had previously that was working.

The lg-remote-control.js file is located in the www / community folder and was working until I updated LG Tv WebOs Remote control this morning.

This is the configuration that I had loaded in the configuration.yaml file.

lovelace:
  resources:
    - url: /local/mini-media-player-bundle.js?v=1.16.5
      type: module

- url: /local/LG-WebOS-Remote-Control.js
      type: module

Can you go to ‘Settings’, ’Dashboards’ then
click the top right icon for menu, then select ‘Resources’ there should be an entry in the list like:

/hacsfiles/LG-WebOS-Remote-Control/null?hacstag=257005990201

try changing this to

/hacsfiles/LG-WebOS-Remote-Control/lg-remote-control.js?hacstag=257005990201

select ‘Update’ and check if the LG remote is working, if not try refreshing the page.

I don’t have any entries for this in my configuration.yaml file, so I think that can be safely removed.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Wow. That is awesome! I have never actually seen those settings in the dashboard before. The remote is working again.

2 Likes

Work for me, thanks!

Is there any way to add the Menu/Setting Button?
The one that brings up the quick changes to Picture Mode, Aspect Ratio, Sound Mode, Sound Out, Sleep Timer, Network, All Settings.

I’m also looking for the equivalent of the Gear button from the magic remote.

This remote is absolutely gorgeous. I want to replace my other remotes with the one from this UX. It looks like I might be able to do it with the custom button overrides. I’m going to give it a go.

@madmicio - thank you so much for this project. I’m curious if you can help me - I have adapted your project to work for other TVs besides LG, because this is easily the best remote control UX I have seen for HA. What I’m curious about is if you can allow the color_buttons option to allow for icon overrides.

What I am trying to do is emulate the functionality of the sources row to press one of the colored keys, which have key exposure, per LG-WebOS-Remote-Control/Override_buttons.md at 13e5f585f34a59cfb20286148e976c26d9f2842d · madmicio/LG-WebOS-Remote-Control · GitHub

This allows for a couple things

• It allows for further automation when a source is selected on an LG TV.
  • It allows for me to map source selection for other TVs like you allow for with the other override buttons.

Alternatively, exposing the source button presses for overrides would be great, too.

If this can already be done, I apologize and kindly request your guidance!

Thank you for this wonderful remote!
Using it frequently!
One question: Is the ‘MENU’ command included?
Couldn’t find it…
All the best,
Benedikt

Looks like it’s been added to the latest release:

This dashboard card is working great for my LG TV (NanoCell) - thank you to the developers! @madmicio