LG WebOS Turn On Feature

Hi I am very new to all of this but I wanted to get more home automation and this looks a great product but i feel i have got stuck at the first hurdle, I have an LG TV (75UP75006LC) running Firmware 03.36.35 and it sets up on the sytem fine and I can control everything except turning it on (I have the LG remote control software on my phone and it works fine so assume the WOL settings are correct). I read through the instructions and it says gpo to the automationa page to setup the WOL using automations and there is a helpful image of the automation

• and this was someone had posted in the previous forums but when i go to this feature I do not get the service to WOL and send magic packet
    I assume from reading the post this is suppose to put the entries into the configuration file but I dont have the WOL feature - the version is 11.1 and was installed on 7th November and I had version 11 earlier and it was the same as I thought there was something wrong so reinstalled from scratch. Am i missing something here as i am very new to this so may have the wrong mindset and may have to edit the config file

you need a little extra text in your configuration.yaml
it is just wake_on_lan:

Also remember that your TV might only be able to get the magic packet needed by WOL on the LAN port.
WIFI rarely works with WOL.

Hi I tried this but it comes up with an error -

Cannot read a block mapping entry

Mine is working well over wifi but i have to enable this feature on the settings of tv.

It should be

wake_on_lan:

you need an automation like this:

- id: media_turnon
  alias: Media turnon
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
  - platform: webostv.turn_on
    entity_id: media_player.<yourtv>
    id: mastertv
  action:
  - service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
    data:
      mac: <yourtv.mac>

This is not possible without activating the WOL service with wake_on_lan: in the configuration.yaml

That’s correct and it’s the only way to turn on LGTVs from HA

And what we have been describing here was captured on the documentation times ago :slight_smile: