LG webos tv functionality

Lg webos tv

So I have a HomeKit lg webos tv which I had before HA but also had it in HA when I got that.

So I added it to HomeKit to see what the differences are/or additions it has.
From what I can see in the home app it has a few more inputs or sources, whatever you want to call them!

It’s also appeared in the remote app which I use for my Apple TV and this tv was in there as a HomeKit tv but it didn’t really do anything. The HA integration has added it in the remote app too but it doesn’t do anything either, here’s a pic Remote - Album on Imgur

Can anything be done to this? I know the Apple TV on the same app has channel up and down buttons but it doesn’t do anything.

Also is there anything else I can do with this to give it more functionality? I just use my iPhone or Apple Watch to control my tv through the remote app and generally use the Apple TV anyway but I thought there might be more functionality I can obtain from this?

I’d love a simple way to adjust volume, currently the remote app does this when the Apple TV is selected and you use the volume buttons on your iPhone, pretty happy with that but I can’t find a way to adjust volume from the Apple Watch, I’d be happy to do this from the remote app or the HA app on the watch

Thanks!

I am not sure if this solves your problem, but I use an integration to mimic the WebOS Remote in the HA GUI.

Thanks ill have a look