LG webOS TV unavailable when off

I’m having a problem where if I turn my TV off it shows as Unavailable to Home Assistant. I can turn it on with the remote, and I can control it correctly while it’s on, but as soon as I switch it off it becomes unavailable and I can’t turn it on from Home Assistant.

Here’s the config:

webostv:
  host: 192.168.1.xx
  name: XXXXXXX
  turn_on_action:
    service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
    data:
      mac: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
media_player:
notify:
3 Likes

me too, same issue

I assume that you both have it connected via Ethernet. If so check that the quick start option is also on. That had me going for months.

2 Likes

Yes I’m connected via Ethernet, I’ll try it out and report back.

Same here.
This used to work before webostv was changed. When I had it configured under media players, I was able to turn on the TV, but now it is simply shown as “unavailable” until I turn it on with the remote.
And BTW, I have the TV connected to my network by a network cable.

1 Like

For some reason, and I didn’t change any settings, it came good. I didn’t have quick start enabled because it caused Bluetooth issues with the remote and LG told me that quick start was the cause. Unfortunately I don’t know how to fix it as I changed absolutely nothing on both HASS and the TV. I’m connected via Ethernet and have quick start turned off.
I’m running the latest webOS on an LG C8.

It seems to me that if the TV is off when you reboot your HASSIO, it will be reported as unavailable and will not be possible to be controlled with HASSIO.
After turning it on manually (on the TV or with the remote) and then turning it off, it will be reported as OFF and from then onwards it can be turned on and off with HASSIO.

This is what I’ve noticed as well. As long as the TV is “on” when you reboot Home Assistant, it will register correctly. If you use any Plex clients as well, I recommend having them on when rebooting as well, otherwise it may take a significant amount of time for them to be on and running before HA will re-discover them

A problem introduced in 0.109.0. This should be fixed when 0.110 is released: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/34979

2 Likes

Was this actually fixed? I have my HASSIO fully updated, but if my LG TV is turned off when HASSIO reboots, it is stated as “unavailable”.