LG WebOS - Unable to connect to host (solved)

I’m trying to conenct an (older) LG WebOS enabled TV. Its running WebOS 1.4.
Maybe its to old but the reference page doesn’t refer to minimal requirements or a certain WebOS version.

If followed the steps and added the following to my configuration:

webostv:
  host: 192.168.x.y
  name: LGSmartTV

After restart, I receive the notfiation to start the pairing request.
I enabled the network apps from the LG config and made sure the TV has an working ethernet connection (tried wired and wireless). Ping does work, a NMAP scan shows open ports on the TV.

After the “start pairing request” I see the button flashing and immediatly turns back to “start pairing request” again. In the logfile I see an ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webostv] Unable to connect to host 192.168.x.y. It’s so fast that I am wondering if is actually does something…

However , when I use a wrong IP on purpose this process will take a bit longer so I believe it recieves “something” from the TV?

So some questions.

• Is WebOS 1.4 still supportted? Anyone that can confirm still is still working?
  • Any clue or hints why it will not connect?
  • Between the HomeAssistant PI and LG TV are 2 ubiquitiy switches without any special config (except enable IGMP snooping). Could that bring some additional issues?

ok, beats me, but it’s suddenly working…??
Changed from wired to wireless, back to wired again and now it works.

The only notable changes:

• Different IP address (caching issue before with the old IP?)
  • Changed the config to the absulte minimum( without the name)
webostv:
  host: 192.168.x.y

and now it worked ! :slight_smile:
Accept message on the LG TV and connected.

So yes, it’s still working on WebOS 1.4 :smiley:

Wired and wireless interfaces have different MAC addresses. If your LG is connecting with DHCP, your router would conceivably assign the two MACs different IPs.
I truncated my DHCP range on my router so I have a range of IPs that are available to be assigned client-side. My LG tv gets one of these.

Yes, I was aware of that. At some point in time the TV was even connected both wired and wireless at the same time…that started to create additional issues :slight_smile:

However, maybe due to a mixup or caching or whatever, it working now. Using a reserved IP from the DHCP server bound to the wired MAC address.

i know it’s been a while, but i am basically having 1 problem on webos 1.4, app pairing works smoothly, i see the status of the tv, but for some reason the ignition doesn’t work.
I state that the wol is active on HA, and they are on the same subnet. instead the shutdown is fine