LG WebOStv Lovelace Picture card

I wanted a backup remote for my TV, so using a picture element card + the WebOS component +~~ lgtv2mqtt~~ I got one working.

More info below :slight_smile:

2 Likes

can any1 tell me how to install this on hassio or as a custom component.

Thanks

I really like this project! Do you think you can simplify the setup (and not rely on lg2mqtt)?

They just updated the LG WebOS platform and the available commands here.

1 Like

I definitely can and will.
I didn’t realize they added the extended functionality.

2 Likes

Updated the repo.

Still have some dead buttons but I left in either command buttons or button buttons in the lovelace if you want to fill something else in.

I tested out pretty much all the commands and stuff still isn’t perfect like input, but its much simpler than having the lg2mqtt app running all the time.

@Eeeeeediot You dont need lg2mqtt anymore so hopefully this will be pretty easy to copy and get setup with Hassio

2 Likes

I tried it and it works great!!! Thanks for updating the repo so quickly

i think i am a bit out of topic with this question but maybe you have an answer for me, can i copy paste your yaml code into a “manual card” in the lovelace gui? or paste it into the raw editor of lovelace? or my only way is to switch to yaml mode and put everything manually?

Is there functionality which is still missing in the webostv integration to make this work better?

From looking back at the actual LG remote image, I don’t believe that the guide and input buttons are supported

Other than that I think its covered.

1 Like

Ok, one could experiment with passing different strings to the webostv.button service to see if some additional buttons are supported

I tested all the options under Buttons and commands, and so what you see is what I could get working.
I assume you could play with the GET_INPUTS and SET_INPUTS but its not realistic to map each SET_INPUT to a different button considering the realestate is limited.

If I missed a button that just pulls up the input selector, i’m happy to plug it back, but I don’t know if ill be testing each out again for a bit.