LGTV no longer detected

I have an older LG TV (model LG 42LS570T-ZB) that used to be detected as media_player.lg_42_bed3 is no longer detected. A newer LG TV (model OLED55C34LA) that is detected as media_player.lg_webos_smart_tv_55. I’m up to date on my HA 2024+ and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the LG webOS Smart TV integration.

What does the TV tell you?
Is it connected?
What IP address?
Can you ping it?

Thanks. Always worth checking, but the TV is there and can run apps which stream video.

Try to re-pair that specific TV

What do you mean by “re-pair”, please? This is what I get from the Integration

Make sure that the IP address on the TV is reserved in your DHCP service, then shut down your TV completely.
Now erase any integration to the TV and make sure no popups are present about new device discoveries.
Turn on your TV again and wait for the device to be discovered.

do your lgtv firmware get updated? i have a couple lgtv’s and they are aggressive about firmware updates and once in a while it’s broken something on me.

The TV is quite old and it may be that the latest versions of HA and/or the integration have left it behind, but I can’t find any info about that.

I think I have the IP address stuff covered. The original TV was discovered by native HA without me adding any integration. Are you suggesting that the LG WebOS integration has somehow knocked it out and that if I remove the integration, it might be found again?

to help isolate the problem, you don’t have an old ha backup from when it worked do you?

No. It would be over a year old now. I replaced the 42" TV with a 55" newer one as my main TV, but now I a have got the old TV and I want to use it in a bedroom.

oh, that looks like it’s a 2012 model. did you already try manually configuring lg netcast: LG Netcast - Home Assistant ? doesn’t look like it auto detects… so will need you to do it manually

The WebOS should be auto-discovered.
I have lost the link on my own setup a few timer, even though I had the TV on a reserved IP.

That got me a long way forward.

It’s not completely clear in the instructions but the ‘pairing key’ is the access code which you have to add to configuration.yaml after the first reboot. So it’s now working and looks like:

media_player:
  - platform: lg_netcast
    host: 192.168.2.59
    name: lg_netcast_42LS570T
    access_token: 622855