Lidl doorbell

Hi!
I purchased the Lidl doorbell, and have some issues getting it to work in (latest) Home Assistant.

It is detected fine, and managed to add it successfully. It can see the battery percentage in HASS, however:

It does not generate an event when I press the button. The LED on the doorbell lights up red when pressed, but nothing is logged in Home Assistant.

(this is my first doorbell and I GUESS they work by generating an event in the HASS logbook, or under HASS history, when pressed.) (like the Lidl doorsensor does, for example)

Anyone here has the doorbell, and does it work…? What could be the issue here…?

how have you added it to your HA instance? ZHA? lidl hub?

It should generate an event under ‘Developer tools/events/listen to events’. Depending on the way you integrated the doorbell you should listen to one event or the other. If you’re not sure, listening to ‘*’ will listem them all, and so you’ll be able to catch your event type.

Hi @obaldius!
Thanks for responding! I added it to HA using my conbee II usb stick.
I did not know about Developer tools/events/listen.
At the moment, it shows NOTHING, when pushing the button, even though the device seems to be added to HA just fine.
I removed the device from HA, added it again, interviewing completes, and then:

Configuration Complete

Initializing

TS0211
by _TZ1800_ladpngdx
IEEE: 84:2e:14:ff:fe:xx:xx:xx
NWK: 0x3d6f

This last screen never disappears. (“initializing” remains on the screen)

Ah more info under show logs:

Device 0x3d6f (84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af) joined the network
Device 84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af changed id (0x53b7 => 0x3d6f)
[0x3d6f:zdo] ZDO request ZDOCmd.Device_annce: [0x3D6F, 84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af, 128]
Checking quirks for _TZ1800_ladpngdx TS0211 (84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af)
Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.xbee.xbee_io.XBeeSensor’>
Fail because endpoint list mismatch: {232, 230} {1}
Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.xbee.xbee3_io.XBee3Sensor’>
Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.smartthings.tag_v4.SmartThingsTagV4’>
Fail because device_type mismatch on at least one endpoint

Don’t you need to listen to “deconz_event”|
go to developmenttools and listen to events -> deconz-events

Have you done what @Canedje suggests? you must put your event type and click “Start listening”

if you’re using ZHA, put zha_event. If after putting your event type, nothing shows up, try listening to * . When listening to * all events will show up.

Yes: I did as suggested, and NOTHING was shown. I listened to *, tried some working zigbee plugs and saw them reported, but nothing for the doorbell.
Hence I believed that the doorbell was added somehow incomplete or wrongly, or whatever, so I decided to delete it, and add the doorbell again.

While doing that, I noticed the “interview” completed successfully, the device was added, but the following initialization process never completes.

Under “show logs” in that initializiating screen, it shows:

Device 0x3d6f (84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af) joined the network
Device 84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af changed id (0x53b7 => 0x3d6f)
[0x3d6f:zdo] ZDO request ZDOCmd.Device_annce: [0x3D6F, 84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af, 128]
Checking quirks for _TZ1800_ladpngdx TS0211 (84:2e:14:ff:fe:f8:20:af)
Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.xbee.xbee_io.XBeeSensor’>
Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.xbee.xbee3_io.XBee3Sensor’>
Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.smartthings.tag_v4.SmartThingsTagV4’>
Fail because device_type mismatch on at least one endpoint

Hope I described everything in enough detail now. I appreciate the help so far, thank you!

But how to proceed now…? Is “Fail because device_type mismatch on at least one endpoint” my actual problem…?

This is the actual device: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Lidl_HG06668.html
And here it is listed, without a HomeAssistant logo:
https://zigbee.blakadder.com/all.html

And finally, the zigbee device signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(byte1=2, byte2=64, mac_capability_flags=128, manufacturer_code=4619, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=0)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0402",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0001",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0500",
        "0x0b05"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZ1800_ladpngdx",
  "model": "TS0211",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

tbh I can’t help any further. If you can’t find a solution here, try asking in the Discord HA zigbee channel. There’s plenty informed people there that will be able to help you and you’ll very likely come up with a solution faster than here.

Hi @obaldius,
Thanks so much for your assistance, I have now posted there. Let’s see how that goes. :slight_smile:Enjoy your weekend!

1 Like

If you have any information from the discord let us know

I ended up replacing hassio/ZHA with hassio/zigbee-mqtt, where the doorbell (and the Lidl motion detector as well) are detected and supported without an issue.

1 Like

People in that chat are great, aren’t they?

How is the doorbell compared to other wireless zigbee switches?

Also do you have any more pictures of the device? :slight_smile:

Yes they are, but I decided that myself, after reading up on zigbee2mqtt. I installed another HA instance, just to test zigbee2mqtt, and liked it a lot. (https://zigbee.blakadder.com/all.html)

1 Like

Here is a picture: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Lidl_HG06668.html Do you want to see anything specific…?

Wanted to see the size and such. Found a youtube video though :slight_smile:

Any fix to this issue ?

Hello,

I’m facing the same issue with the same button sold under HEIMAN brand. It is exactly the same button, I tink Lidl rebrand it for its smart home line.

Here is the Zigbee device signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4619, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0402",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0001",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0500",
        "0x0b05"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "HEIMAN",
  "model": "DoorBell-EM",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

Two entities created :

• binary sensor → always ‘OFF’
  • sensor → battery level

Each time I push the button the LED flashes red (in accordance with the doc), just after the LED flashes blue → “last seen” is updated.

I know that zigbee-mqtt should solve the issue, but how can I help to integrate this device into ZHA ?

Regards

After multiple tries I have found that my zigbee stick (EFR32MG13) is not yet supported by zigbee2mqtt so this is not a solution for now.
I am even more interrested finding help to figure it out on ZHA.