Life 360 device tracker not appearing in Home Assistant

Hi there,

I’m new to this forum and just trying to work out the Life360 device tracker.

I’ve managed to set it up within Home Assistant using the UI and I can see in the Home Assistant log that it is definitely working as I can see the following entry:
(SyncWorker_12) [homeassistant.components.life360.device_tracker] Updating life360_adam

But I can’t seem to find any entity with this device_tracker and when I go in to persons I don’t have any available device trackers except for the one from my netgear Orbi.

Any ideas on what I need to do would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry all but after doing some research I was sent done the right path and fixed this.

My default under my netgear device tracker was track_new_devices: false

Life 360 created 2 new entries in the known_devices.yaml and they were both set to track: false.

Once I set these both to track: true a device_tracker entity appeared in Home Assistant and I was able to add each one to appropriate person.

Hope this helps if anyone else has this issue.

Unfortunately this is a common problem. It seems people always set trace_new_devices to false when they use router-based trackers and forget later when they add other trackers that that setting is a global setting that affects all trackers. Glad you figured it out and got it working. :slight_smile: