Life 360 support

I created a new topic for my custom integration. I figured I should stop distracting from the existing integrations discussed in this topic. If you have any interest in using my integration, see:

Hi @editter, I successfully configured your addon in my Hassi.io (v 0.69.1)
it works great both in MQTT and HTTP

but I’m trying to add a sensor to monitor the devices battery level
and I can’t figure out how to do that reading this page

is it possibile? can you help me?

thank you in advance

Is this what you are looking for?

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      eric_battery:
        friendly_name: Eric Battery
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        value_template: '{{ states.device_tracker.eric_phone.attributes.battery|round }}'

I can’t believe that was so simple!
I’ve tried in so many different ways and no one was working

thank you so much!

1 Like

+1 for including this Life360 Device Tracker Platform in the default. I’ve been using it for a few weeks without any issues. It’s much more reliable than any of the other device tracker platforms that I’ve played around with.

Add me, too. I have been using Life360 on my family’s phones for more than a year and very pleased with the accuracy. I would very much like to integrate it into Home Assistant, but reading through 200+ messages on the topic gives me a headache.

If all the bugs are out of the platform, would it be possible for one of those who have done the integration to write a step-by-step tutorial?

I have also been using Life360 for a long time and have had it in HASS for almost as long. The custom component works perfectly.

This is the one I am using:

Please put a version number or date in your code comments. I don’t know if what I have working is older or not.

It’s had a version number (and support for the Custom Updater) since Sept. 7. You can find the latest information about this custom component here.

Thanks for the quick response. I did not see any versioning or date in the code posted in the thread, which is why I asked. It didn’t occur to me to look for you on the git.
In case I haven’t said it before, thanks. I had been trying to get tracking to work using different platforms and installing your .py files (copied from the thread) and a few lines in configuration.yaml and I now have working badges on my home page.

Now I have a mess of Ping tracker badges to clean up.

Still learning,
Steve

I never heard of Custom Updater. How do I use it?

You’re very welcome. I’m glad you’re finding this custom component useful.

Sorry about the community topics. I was very unfamiliar with this forum, as well as HA, when I first wrote this, and I wasn’t really on github yet either. If I knew then what I know now, I would have made sure the first post on my topic pointed to something that would stay up to date. Oh well, live and learn! :slight_smile:

BTW, I also have a custom composite tracker you might be interested in (and I’m working on a variant of the standard ping tracker.) Check out the top-level doc on my github for details on these and other potentially useful tidbits. :wink:

See here.

Thanks again. I’ve got some reading to do. My original thought was to have an ESP8266-01 in each car and detect it “at home” by a ping tracker. The thought was that when home it would connect to the local net, or not if away. Never got it to work with confidence since I could physically unplug the ESP device, yet the ping tracker would still say it is present.

I won’t go into the details in this topic, but check out this thread on the forum and the doc for my composite tracker. I think it might help (and any further discussion about it should probably happen on the associated topic :wink:.)

1 Like

Life360 an excellent addition to HA. Please can I request a new feature:

In order to save battery life on my phone is it possible to have another poll interval. As today with standard rate is it possible to have another for when driving. This will reduce the number of requests when not needed and still a give a fast response when arriving home. e.g.

interval_seconds: 180

interval_seconds_driving: 10

Cheers

/T

The rate at which HA’s life360 integration polls the Life360 server has nothing to do with battery usage from the Life360 app running on the phone/device. That is controlled strictly by Life360, and is one of their major advantages, in that they already do this!

Now that there is a life360 integration in HA, would you consider marking this topic solved? E.g., find an appropriate reply and click image

Thanks!

1 Like

Life360 is now a core integration thanks to @pnbruckner and can be easily set up through the UI (at Configuration -> Integrations). Here’s the documentation and here’s a dedicated forum thread to discuss it.

2 Likes