Life360 Config help

I am trying to set up an automation to set my alarm when me and my wife leave the home zone. I used life360 device tracking state in my condition step. I want to alarm to be set only when me and my wife are both not home.
Here is my automation below. This works when I remove the condition step. But obviously it’s not ideal since I keep setting the alarm when I leave for work in the morning when my wife is still at home!
So the condition step is where I’m going wrong. Can anyone help me with where I’m going wrong with the config? Thanks in advance.
HA version 102.2 on Rpi 3+

alias: Alarm Arm
  description: Set Alarm
  trigger:
  - entity_id: device_tracker.life360_xxx
    event: leave
    platform: zone
    zone: zone.home
  - entity_id: device_tracker.life360_xxx
    event: leave
    platform: zone
    zone: zone.home
  condition:
  - condition: and
    conditions:
    - condition: state
      entity_id: device_tracker.life360_xxx
      state: moving
    - condition: state
      entity_id: device_tracker.life360_xxx
      state: moving
  action:
  - code: xxxx
    device_id: xxxxxx
    domain: alarm_control_panel
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.xxxxalarm_control_panel
    type: arm_away

I did it using a custom group and then trigger off the state of that group becoming “not_home”. Each person in the group is a defined Person in HA with a Life360 device tracker and also a phone tracker via the iPhone detect integration.

You could do the same thing by creating a Life360 group and triggering on “not_home” (as the Life360 device tracker returns not_home when away). That way, you can do away with the condition entirely.

1 Like

I agree with @code-in-progress, triggering on a group of trackers is better. If those are the only two trackers then there is already a group named group.all_devices you can use. Otherwise create your own. The only slight difference I would recommend is triggering on changing from 'home' instead of to 'not_home'.

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: group.all_devices
2 Likes

Thanks both very much. I shall give that a try later today and post an update.

1 Like

I do exactly this…
I also turn off lights, and send a notification (so I know when the alarm is set).

I also disarm the alarm if someone opens the front door with a valid door code, here’s my code:

- alias: Arm Alarm when Away
  trigger:
  - entity_id: group.parents
    platform: state
    to: not_home
  action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away
    entity_id: all
  - service: light.turn_off
    entity_id: group.interior_lights
  - service: notify.pushover
    data: