Life360 Device Tracker Platform

I meant click on one of the entities. The window you’re showing above is the “more info” window I was referring to. I didn’t mean to click on one of the attributes. There’s no “INFO” tab, I think, because you’re using a newer version of HA than I am. I’m still on 2023.2.5. I think this window’s arrangement changed very recently.

Anyway, when you say, “Is there any way that I can get the ACTUAL edited location to show up on the card other than just HOME or AWAY?”, do you mean the address attribute? AFAIK, the only way to do that with the standard dashboard cards is to use an attribute line in the entities card. E.g., see: Entities Card - Attribute Special Row. E.g.,

- type: entities:
  entities:
    - device_tracker.NAME
    - type: attribute
      entity: device_tracker.NAME
      attribute: address

This actually results in two rows. There’s no way that I know of to get all of this in just one row using standard dashboard cards, but I believe there is a way using custom resources. E.g., you could try: custom-cards/secondaryinfo-entity-row: Custom entity row for HomeAssistant, providing additional types of data to be displayed in the secondary info area of the Lovelace Entities card (github.com)

Phil,

Once again, THANK YOU sir!!! That was exactly what I was looking for. Your patience is greatly appreciated. I’ll play around with it and take a look at the links you provided. Again… THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Hello, since yesterday I am having problems with this integration, it asked me that a reconfiguration was necessary, when I clicked to accept it gave me an error, I left the images, this morning I continued with the same problem, I have deleted the integration and now I cannot add it It gives me an authorization error, does this problem happen to someone else… THANK YOU!!

photo_5922687518556405137_x

Sounds like there is an issue at theife360 end.

OK! Thank´s

We only have to wait!!

the problem seems to be there move to Cloudflare. There is an issue being discussed here: GitHub Life 360 Issue
In addition GitHub user alexyao2015 has create a temp fix:

FYI I just created a fix for this. If you want to use it now, you can download this repo and copy the life360 folder to the root of your config directory. Restart to apply changes.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Is this just the crux of using unofficial API’s in HA?

Yup, about the gist of it. We use them, but as they were never intended for HA, the developer has no obligation to tell us when they change it, or break stuff. The reality is that relatively few companies provide a (free) official API, so many of HA’s integrations are based on unofficial / reverse-engineered APIs. Such is life and occasional breakages like this are the price we pay for integration rather than having to use 10,000 different, single-use apps.

Thanks for the quick workaround fix which is working a treat. Will keep an eye out for a proper fix in the near future (probably 2023.8.x)

I tried to use the repo from github but I couldn’t get it to work.

Do I need to remove the existing integration config and use that one to create a new one?

Just drop it in the root and reboot. Make sure its in the root config folder.

1 Like

I’m running home assistant core. For me I put the fox files into this folder, owned by the “homeassistant” user, same as all the other files. Thanks Alex!

/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/life360

I attempted the temp fix by @ alexyao2015 - copied life360 folder to config. Rebooted.

Didn’t work.

Anymore guidance would be welcome. Will stay tuned.

Followup:

The temporary fix did NOT work for me when I downloaded from the following link: GitHub - alexyao2015/life360-python: A simple python life360 client

The temporary fix DOES work for me when I download from the following link: GitHub - alexyao2015/life360-python at 485e063e67018b942f474999555b99e7d912fc3f

IDK if there’s a difference, but one works for me and the other doesn’t.

FYI. I’ve been a bit tied up, but I’ve looked at the fix, and I’ll try to get this all integrated and into a HA release, but I won’t be able to get to it for a couple days.

5 Likes

Yes, the first is the master branch, and the second is a branch that contains the specific fix. You can switch between in github using the dropdown box at the top left and you’ll see “fix/endpoint-update” which is the branch that your second link refers to.

As others have said, download the correct branch, drop the life360 folder into /config and reboot. No need to remove the integration first. It should just start working again.

The pypi.org package has been updated and I’m working on a HA PR right now.

UPDATE: Fix included in 2023.8.0b3.

4 Likes

Issue seems to be resolved on Live360 side - after restart today morning device trackers are available again and no errors or request to reconfigure integration in HA. I did not apply any fixes ito HA in meantime.

1 Like

lol, I hadn’t even noticed and been working on HA all day! Same for me, issue seems to have resolved itself.

Well, there you go. It’s an undocumented & unsupported API, so they can change it whenever they want. I’m surprised the “fix” still works.

Do we need to “uninstall” the fix? Mine is working fine even with it, though!