Life360 Device Tracker Platform

I would guess you didn’t actually download the raw files, but rather downloaded the HTML file, at least for manifest.json. I would suggest downloading the files again, or at least open them in a text editor and see if they look right.

1 Like

You were right. But the status still dosent update in HA. Error message gone :slight_smile:
Im home in the app but HA reports not_home

Set logger to debug and look in home-assistant.log. There will be debug messages that show what life360 is doing. Also see the life360 docs, especially the section about home.

Anybody else suddenly experiencing inexplicable Life360 blackouts? My wife’s phone is suddenly - for the last few days - going dark for hours then coming back for (seemingly) no reason.
I’m monitoring the visibility using the built in tool in @pnbruckner’s integration.

yes had that, also with my wife’s phone…all other 5 were reporting fine.
came back after opening the life360 app on the device. she never uses that , so maybe there’s some setting stopping connection if App is unused?

Same happens for me - every 5-6 weeks i open the app on my wife’s phone (she never uses it) and it will spring back into life

OK. I’ll give it a go! At the moment it’s dropping in and out. Sort of stopped being reliable but hasn’t totally failed. Hopefully opening the app will do the trick!

Are you all seeing this behavior on iOS or Android or both? From my own personal experience (using Life360 with two Android phones and one iOS phone), this seems to happen more on iOS, but also on Android if the phone is set to a power saving mode. This is something you’re better off checking with Life360 about, and/or read their FAQs.

FWIW, I have better luck using both Life360 and Google Maps Location Sharing (both on the same phone, combined, in my case, with my custom composite tracker.) They both tend to have drop outs from time to time, but inexplicably, not at the same time, so they tend to fill in each other’s gaps.

Mine is on iOS

Check this out:

and…

1 Like

yes, indeed IOS, 6 of them… but only 1 spouse, so that seems to be the decisive factor :wink:
seriously though, I fear in our setting it has to do with the fact she doesnt want the be disturbed during work meetings, turns on airplane mode, etc etc. Still strangely enough when 4G is turned on again, that doesnt seem to trigger the Life360 app to locate the device correctly.

For further FWIW I agree with this.

I just went into the Life360 app and there was a pop-up stating that Life360 is aware of some location problems with some iPhone models. (Fixed spelling.)

If you go to the Life360 web site and then choose Support then the top message is the notice for iPhone users.

1 Like

hello,

Not sure how to approach this. I have 3 people I track which is me, my wife and my mum. Both me and my wife live at the home location. Mum lives at a location called Mum. I would like to automate my lights at the home location. To go on and off when the last person lives/enters home. Currently my states are home, moving, mum, away or my work location. I have a group which has my life360 device codes This is my config. Is this correct? I suspect that my mum being at mum might cause it not to fire

#lights when everybody leaves the house
  - alias: 'Away Mode'
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: group.people
      to: 'not_home'
    action:
      - service: light.turn_off
        entity_id: group.all_lights
      - service: notify.pushbullet
        data: 

#lights when first person enters

- alias: 'home Mode'
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: group.people
      to: 'home'
    action:
      - service: light.turn_on
        entity_id: group.hallway_lights
      - service: notify.pushbullet
        data: 

In general that should work. BTW, when it shows “Away” in the frontend, the state is actually not_home.

I say “in general” because groups are a bit funny. For a group of device_tracker’s, its state should be home or not_home, but it depends on the state of all the device_trackers in the group when HA starts. If it finds any that are home or not_home, then it will work as expected. But if they’re all something else (like moving or mum), then it might not evaluate to not_home. At least, that’s based on the way I think the group code works the last time I looked at it.

Thanks. I was wondering if the mum location would treat it as not ‘not home’. If that makes sense!

Again, device_tracker groups can behave unexpectedly. But it should be home whenever any of the device_tracker’s in it are home, and it should be not_home whenever all of the device_tracker’s in it are not home. And mum is not home. So you should be ok. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just an FYI, the PR seems to have stalled over a difference of opinion as to whether or not integrations should be allowed to update zone.home. Waiting on reviewers to respond to my latest comments.

I know it’s been a few weeks, but do you remember what you did to get this working? I’m experiencing the exact same error - even with a fresh install of HASS.IO

It worked with earlier versions, but I can’t seem to get past this error.

I finally got around to reinstalling Hass.io, but I’m still having the same problem. I’m running 0.93 now as well. I think Phil’s right in that I somehow need to get the “core” Life360 installed. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can manually get this installed?