Life360 stop working

Worked great , no suddenly it does not. Notification says I need to reconfigure, when I got to the integration is settings , I click the reconfigure box I get

Config flow could not be loaded: {"message":"Invalid flow specified"}

I see now way to deleted the integration and reinstall , Any ideas

There’s an issue, likely at the Life360 end. Others are reporting the same thing.

Hey…get out my sandbox.

1 Like

I want all the toys to myself :wink:

2 Likes

Now its not even showing up in settings as needed reconfiguration. I still have the notification but I can’t see it. several restarts and its still messed up.

I have the same problem. says that Life360 needs to be reconfigured, but that is not possible. It seems to be a general problem.

how weird. i saw a video about Life360 selling your personal data and showed a way to turn off data sharing. I did this and then next time i looked at HA it said Life360 isn’t working. either flukey or totally unrelated, i thought it was me turning off the setting.

A manual fix is out. Looks like the fix will probably be included in the next HA update.

Just a coincidence.

2 Likes

I had the same problem and the manual fix from Github worked for me.
Thank you

1 Like

The fix is now included in HA 2023.8.0b3.

3 Likes

How do I get that? It says no update for me. :confused:

Wait do I need to join beta? Also can I leave the beta version after downloading it so it only upgrades back to stable versions after this issue is rectified?

I really don’t have any experience with that. Here’s what it says in the docs: Run a beta version. I just gave it a try, and after joining the beta channel, and checking for updates, it shows 2023.8.0b3 as an option. And, in the overflow menu, the option changes to “Leave beta channel.”

just download the file and extract it into your HA config directory.

This morning I clicked on the Reload option from the integration panel for Life360 and it appears to be functioning again. Mine originally stopped working after a power outage reboot Monday evening (7/31)

Apparently Life360 changed its API, and then changed it back, so that now the old URL/token and the new URL/token both seem to work. I doubt it had anything to do with your power outage.

While Life360 is working for me, I just upgraded to 2023.6.3 and now when i try to reboot HAOS, I get

failed to call service homeassistant/restart. 'life360'

looking in the logs, I see:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: helpers/check_config.py:184
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 6:17:49 PM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:32:32 PM

[140571589561680] 'life360'
[140571115102672] 'life360'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 205, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1910, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1950, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 887, in admin_handler
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homeassistant/__init__.py", line 311, in async_handle_reload_all
    if errors := await conf_util.async_check_ha_config_file(hass):
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 982, in async_check_ha_config_file
    res = await check_config.async_check_ha_config_file(hass)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/check_config.py", line 184, in async_check_ha_config_file
    result[domain] = config[domain]
                     ~~~~~~^^^^^^^^
KeyError: 'life360'

My only option now for reloading is a full reboot of the whole system
I deleted Life360 and reinstalled, but same thing occurs

Remove life360 from your YAML configuration.

1 Like

I’m guessing you upgraded from a version earlier than 2022.7. When upgrading, you really need to read all the breaking changes, for all versions after your starting point, up to the version you’re upgrading to.

Regarding the life360 integration, there was a breaking change in version 2022.7. See the Life360 section in the 2022.7 Breaking Changes.

weird. I do review the breaking changes as I move forward. 2022.7 is a year ago and I did follow the advice given back then about the Known_Devices, although i did miss the fact that I needed to remove the life360 from my config.yaml. The weird thing is its worked for a year…just until I went to 2023.6 I had been on 2023.3 and upgraded version by version.
Anyway, thanks for the pointer. I would never have thought to go back and look