LIFX vs HK Behavior

Hello. I am relatively new to Home Assistant. I have LIFX bulbs and I have been setting them up within Home Assistant. Also as a test, I have been using the HK driver for the LIFX bulbs just to see what the difference in the behavior is. I know that with HK its push notifications vs LIFX driver polling and the fact you get the “fancy” LIFX features with its driver. However I have a Lighting Group of the LIFX bulbs using the HK driver and a Lighting Group of the LIFX bulbs using the LIFX driver. I am noticing differences in the behavior of the bulb like when I write a script to set the LIFX group using the LIFX driver to set the group to 3500k, it works as I would expect. When I write a script to set the LIFX group using the HK drive to set the group to 3500k, the light appears very yellow and different than how I would expect.

Can anyone help me figure out why there is a difference in behavior in case this is a bug?

Thank you in advance!

There should be no difference. Maybe you have discovered colour temperature bug with the HomeKit Lifx integration.

You can report it here:

Thank you @tom_l!

LIFX Native Driver vs HomeKit for LIFX Driver Functionality · Issue #98634 · home-assistant/core · GitHub is the issue I created.

1 Like