Light Automation via Switch

I am just checking what the correct way of setting up a switch with some lights.
I have just go a TuYa TS0041 control via MQTT | zigbee2mqtt.io switch which I plan on using to control six GU10 Ikea bulbs.

I have the bulbs grouped in zigbee2mqtt and this group is then exposed to HA via configurationm.yaml.

The switch has separate actions for single press, double press and hold. Am I right in thinking that this has to be done via automations? There is no shortcut to link the switch and the lights?

Assuming automations then I guess I need to have separate automations per action?

I have created an automation to toggle the lights on a single press

Trigger
  trigger type -> Device
  device -> my switch
  trigger -> "single" action
Actions
  action type -> call service
  service -> light.toggle
  entity -> light group entity

Is this the best way to do this?

I have also attempted to dim the lights on the hold action but I cannot figure this bit out. I can get it to set the brightness to a specific level but not to decrement it (and I guess go back to 100% when it gets to 0). How do I configure this through the UI?

Anyone?
I have been experimenting with the TS0041 switch and also a TS0044 switch I got hold of.
I still haven’t been able to figure out how to get it to dim when held but the bigger issue is the delay.

If I switch the light group off via HA dashboard or via Alexa things are pretty much instant. As soon as I add one of these switches in it can take up to 3 or 4 seconds for lights to respond and every so often it seems to loose a message completely.

I did have some Ikea steering devices and they seemed to work pretty much instantly too although I know they were paired to the lights rather than the Zigbee mesh. The problem with these is that they aren’t designed to replace traditional light switches and do not get the wife’s approval. Is there anyway to pair these TuYa switches with the lights as the Ikea switches are?