Light color_temp below 154

So i’ve been having a little issue setting a light color temperature via an automation. I’m sure it’s something silly.

Automation:

- alias: "3D Print Started"
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.octoprint_current_state
        to: 'Printing'
    action:
        - service: scene.turn_on
          entity_id: scene.office_camera
        - service: notify.pushover
          data:
            title: "OctoPrint"

Office Camera Scene (lifx 800):

- name: Office Camera
    entities:
        light.o_hanging_globe:
            state: on
            transition: 2
            brightness: 249
            rgb_color: [248, 248, 248]
            color_temp: 111

Error when the automation runs:
17-03-23 13:20:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Invalid service data for light.turn_on: value must be at least 154 for dictionary value @ data['color_temp']. Got 111

The error is obviously telling me that the color temperature can’t be below 154, even though the bulb supports it. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

The light may support it but the value isn’t within the range.

color_temp Color temperature for the light in mireds (154-500)	250

HA wants a value within that range.

Weird that that is the range…

The Philips Hue temperature range was the only one supported. This was fixed in HA 0.44 (with PR #7206) so the full LIFX range can now be used.

Also, you no longer need rgb_color when setting a color_temp, it will now automatically turn white.

1 Like

Where did you find this documentation? I do not see it, or consistent types, ranges here:

But maybe I should be looking elsewhere.

it was on the states page for that particular entity…

yea nvm I see the mirads now, and that makes sense to put it there, but not a lot of other properties I wonder about such as kelvins, color temp range (I think it shows max), or the other 51 supposed features seem to have sparsely populated information in hass. After viewing some logs yesterday, I understand that error and could use things like that to figure out what values were valid. Still learning.