Light Entity Card

Yeah, I’ve been meaning to add support to always hide color wheel if you want. I just added that feature in v2.1.0 with:

colorWheel: false
2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you!

One other thing I have noticed is the light-entity-card is not showing up in custom updater. Copied the link directly from the github readme, but no love. I have also tried setting the v=0 in the resources list.

Yeah that custom_updater component is weird. It used to work and now its not showing up for me either but I didn’t change anything. I had to update all my cards and the others show up but aren’t showing the latest version. I did update custom_updater to the latest version so maybe there’s an issue? I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Okay, I kno the custom_updater component and card was updated recently so I made sure all of that was up to date. Looks like some of my custom lovelace cards had the wrong url so maybe update everything and make sure the url for light-entity-card matches what’s in the readme

Just updated to 2.1.0 about an hour ago and recopied over the address from the README but still not seeing your card in the tracker card. I did notice that the tracker card was updated to ver 1.0.0 about an hour ago as well.

Hi there, thanks for this card :slight_smile:
I have noticed a graphical error when added to an horizontal-stack

Basically the temperature bar doesn’t go on a new line (as per screenshot on the first post), here a screenshot:

Any suggestion?
Here is the code I am using:

- type: horizontal-stack
            cards:
              - type: custom:light-entity-card
                entity: light.andrea_bedside_lamp
                effects_list:
                group: true
                persist_features: true
              - type: custom:light-entity-card
                entity: light.sonia_bedside_lamp
                effects_list:
                group: true
                persist_features: true

Thanks

I found my own response, I had to set group to false :slight_smile:

Is there a way to hide only the effect dropdown menu if there are no effects to show?

I can that option. Give me a day or two

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks :slight_smile:

Great card! A question I’ve been having lately: Is it possible to change the layout of the slider? I’ve been looking for a way to make a slider that is a lot bigger so it’s easier to use on a small tablet. :slight_smile:

Something similar to this:

Unfortunately, the slider I use is the built in hass one. This card will hopefully be integrated into hass in the next month so I can’t use external elements.

ok option added to v2.2.0 use effects_list: false

2 Likes

Thanks!
Tested and it is working perfectly!

Would be possible to have the same thing for brightness, temperature, color? Having true as default and false to hide them? (example, show_brightness show_temperature show_colors)?

That way instead of using persist_features you can customize each portion of the card :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Andrea

I have noticed a problem on the mobile view:

As you can see the temperature bar goes till the end without keeping any margin (like there are on the left side)

That of course is not happening if group is set to false

I also have one question, is possible to override the entity name?
It would be nice to be able to use a different (sometimes shorted name is needed, as per my screenshot a few days back) name for a specifc card/scenario.

Cheers
Andrea

added this in the latest release

1 Like

fixed in latest release. I was limited on hoe much I can change the built in ha-slider so i had to just make them stacked but close together on group: true

1 Like

Got two more ideas, not sure if applicable, you’ll decide :slight_smile:

1 - Ability to hide the name completely
2 - Ability to hide the toggle

For the “1” I am trying now to set header : ‘’

I would also suggest to change header with name to mantain the HA/Other Cards standard if possible :slight_smile:

Thanks for your amazing work! :slight_smile:
Andrea

My experiment didn’t work, so the two points remains :slight_smile:

Name or title don’t work. Is there a way to implent these values or at least have a feature to remove them?