Light Entity Card

you can set header: false

That kills the card… How can I add a title or name?

I have a Qubino Flush RGBW Dimmer that doesn’t get the white_value slider to show. Setting RGB on the color picker works good but i have to use dev-service and send custom JSON to the lights in order to set white_value (which works but its quite a hassle to do every time since it seems to reset to white_value: 0 every time i choose a new color).
Is it possible to force the white_value slider to show even though it probably thinks this unit doesn’t support white_value?

Hello everyone. Now I feel so noob after using HASS for years now, and sorry for asking this, but how can I add this custom card to Lovelace UI step-by-step? I didn’t find anything for ‘homeassistant lovelace add custom card’, but how to use the ‘custom card’ and how to create one. :confused:
I was able to add to configuration.yaml to search for the updates of the card, also I was able to add the card in the UI, but - of course - it cannot find the type. To where and from where should I copy what kind of files?

Thank you and so sorry for noobing around!

Best: Peter

Mist cards have directions how to install. Almost all are the same but some have differences. Look at my card www.github.com/ljmerza/calendar-card

Hi, is it possible to add percentages to the brightness slider, like in the custom:slider-entity-row card?

I use this card too, but what I would really love to see is a vertical slider type (and maybe a bigger slider knob). That would make this card even better. I use them in popup cards with the new 3d touch mod. So a vertical slider would make it even more Apple style.

This is what I currently made of it.

Its a minor thing, but would it be possible to add something like:

icon_brightness
icon_temperature

to the config, so we can set it to use Font Awesome, rather than the built-in mdi icons? I tried card mod to see if I could change them, but I think it can only alter styles (CSS) and not the actual HTML (please correct me if I am wrong, if anyone knows!)

eg.
icon_brightness: fas:sun

added custom icons in v2.5.0

1 Like

added this in v 2.6.0

Great, much appreciated!

Awesome! Thank you @ljmerza!

Hello.

Really new to home assistant but love the idea of this card. I have no idea how to install it though as I do not have HACS and installing that feels a lot of work / risk for a new user.

Can this card not be installed by just downloading the js files?
I have installed a weather.card by downloading it and adding the folder to my www folder and linking to it in my lovelace config with

resources:
  #weather card
  - url: /local/simple-weather-card.bundle.js?v=0.3.0
    type: module

Is there no way to do similar with your card?

Thanks

all custom lovelace cards can be installed manually like you did with the weather card.

yes, all cards can be installed the manual way. just upload the light-entity-card.js file

Thanks.
I tried doing that and it still says card not found.

Can I just check, I just save as the light-entity-card.js file from your Github into my www folder and then reference it with

- url: /local/light-entity-card.js
    type: js

just checking as local is not the same as the folder www but its what I did for the weather card.
also my weather card has type: module but assume i need to use type: js as you have advised.

Sorry, still learning.

That will work

Can I do “save link as” from Github to save the js file? I cannot see any other way of downloading the js file but I know I read somewhere about saving link as does not save the true js file?

Thanks

No you can’t do save as. Go to the releases tab and download the latest js file from there. The URLs are current what does your lovelace config look like?

I’m on this page:

went to the dist folder,
right clicked on “light-entity-card.js”
saved link as to desktop

uploaded it to www folder

added this to my lovelace-ui:

resources:
  #weather card
  - url: /local/simple-weather-card.bundle.js?v=0.3.0
    type: module

#colour wheel custom card    
  - url: /local/light-entity-card.js