Light Groups malfunction. Bulbs toggle differently. Gif attached

Your mesh looks fine, but if you fire to many messages in rapid succession one after the other, your mesh can’t follow. That is why it is better to create ZigBee groups than using HA light groups. Less messages need to be send that way.

I got all lights with zigbree groups. Besides that I don’t think I have a setup zigbee heavy. I just have lights and switches…

I will try to split the 7 bulbs group in to two and try…

Bumping just in case someone finds a solution for this…

Check all the zigbee groups to make sure everythings alright. Mine had them messed up for no apparent reason and the result was exactly what you describe

They seem alright for me. I’ve checked many times.
Besides, this happened too with yaml light groups.

I still could not fix this issue, today it happened with a group of just 3 lights.

I feel like changing to innr bulbs or something bit I have like 30…

I’m having issues with light groups altogether as of a few updates ago, just noticed this past week. If I turn on a light group, not all lights turn on in that group, intermittently. This is with a group of only two lights, one of them is a template light, and one of them is a MQTT light.

This thing is getting even worse. All the zigbee group lights having this issue even if they are group of just 3 bulbs.

No one knows any solution for this?..

I’m having the same issue when controlling more than 4 lights at once: the result is unreliable. My setup is comparable to yours and I tried the same things, even switching between ZHA and Z2M. But all to no avail. So now I’m considering switching from Conbee II to a CC2652P adapter. That adapter seems slightly more powerful.
Overall, my network is very reliable and fast. The only issue is controlling multiple lights.

Has anybody else switched from Conbee II to CC2652P?

1 Like

Keep me updated if you change to CC2652P. I’d do it but I already changed from CC2531 to conbee II and then from ZHA to Z2M the issue is still there, im just tired of pairing 50 devices (specially the bulbs since I cannot pair all of them at the same time for some reason, i have to do it manually one by one and I have 30~) So for the moment I will stay with conbee II unless someone ensures me the conbee is the problem.

My guess for the problem is the Ikea bulbs are unreliable, which bulbs do you have the issue with?

Thanks

I have Ikea and Hue bulbs mixed. They give the same result

I updated conbee II firmware and also place it outside the closer where I had it before, with the router and other wifi devices.

So far seems to work better, didn’t have any problem for the past days

Hello Guys ( and a happy new year!),

i’ve got the exact same problem!

HAOS 7.0 / Raspb. 4 B / Conbee II (extended cable) / var. Bulbs

I connected 7 bulbs (2x innr color, 2 x innr white, 2x Muller light white, 1 x Philips hue 1600 white) via ZHA to Home Assistant. If i turn them on and off one by one, everything works fine. Switching more than 3 lights at once via a “room group switch” results in a random behavior. Lights turn on, but the switch in HA does not update the status. It really looks like there is to much traffic going on.

I switched to Zigbee2MQTT, but the result was exactly the same.
So i put them in groups. This really looks promising, but feels more like a workaround , not a solution!

Isn’t Zigbee designed to control multiple devices? There is also a QoS (0,1,2) integrated as well. I can set the QoS to 1 or 2 in Zigbee2MQTT. This seems to give me at least an error-message (response timed out).

So, is 3 ZigBee lights at once really the limit? Is there anyone who can confirm this?
Or anyone who can confirm that switching 4+ bulbs isn’t a problem.

This have to be a bug at some point.
Any help or info is appreciated!

Greetings

Hello. That situation was fixed for me, almost entirely, when I updated the conbee II firmware and/or placed the conbee II far from other devices I had previously on (routers, etc…)

Try to update conbee II firmware to the latest, and try again.

Hi, i did.
There is also no wifi router nearby. Problem still exists.

Do you use z2m light groups rather than configuration.yaml groups?

If so, I don’t know anything else. You have all the setup as I do and in my case in fixed more or less the problem. Still have the issue, but not so much as before

Yes i do.

It reduces some of the traffic going on, but dosn’t really help. The problem is still there.
I’m also playing around with scenes right now. 6 bulb (3 x 2 pairs) in groups. Here, the problem is also noticeable. If i switch scenes ‘to fast’, there is always one or two bulbs not responding. If i switch slowly everything seems fine. So could it be too much traffic?

This really bothers me! I’m planning to equip my new house with 30+ bulbs. I’m panicking!

At the moment i’m trying everything in z2m configuration. Baudrate, Channels, Adapter Delay, etc…
nothing really helps. I’m also using another ConBee2. Just to be sure it’s not the stick. But same old problem.

Someone plz, help! :smiley:

• Thousands of Nodes: The technology also supports up to 65000 nodes on a single network to expand further the transmission range across a large floor area, building with multiple floor levels, or homes with several physical division

To much traffic, huh? I don’t think so.

Have you looked at the zigbee mesh. Im using ZHA and the overview in ZHA does not really give a good indication of the mesh strength, however the ZHA network card give a good overview of the LQI pr device. I got somewhat similar problem at a early time, when a lot of the devices had below 150 in LQI. I have afterwards added some more mains (I can see you only have mains in the diagram) and manually re-discovered my Aqara devices (they are bad at reroute them self). Now most/all devices have 255 in LQI and I never see the problem.

Just a idea to look at. Maybe a wifi router clsoe to the Conbee, or the extender cable is not long anough or some other interference?

At the moment, all devices are in a 2 meter range. LQI is always 255. The cable is 1,5 m and the next wifi router is 10 m away. So i guess that’s not it.

I found out, that 6 devices in 3 groups of 2 are very very unstable. On the first switch everything looks fine, but than i have to wait 3 - 4 seconds to switch to another scene state. Without this time the bulbs become unpredictable. But 6 devices in only one group works like a charm! I can switch between scenes like a world champion. Zigbee wise there are only 2 messages less (the two group messages). These 2 messages had an extreme impact on behavior.

There is something odd! I tested nearly everything. So i ordered a zigbee sniffer. I want to know whats going on.

You guys really wanna tell me, you can control - let’s say - 10 bulbs (without a group) with one switch and everything works fine?

This describes it best (no groups / 6 bulbs):

GIF 06.01.2022 22-53-46

this is the error message i get:

Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘muller_light_white_0’ failed: ‘Error: Command 0x00158d0003895d4a/1 genOnOff.off({}, {“timeout”:10000,“disableResponse”:false,“disableRecovery”:false,“disableDefaultResponse”:false,“direction”:0,“srcEndpoint”:null,“reservedBits”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“transactionSequenceNumber”:null,“writeUndiv”:false}) failed (no response received)’