Light Groups malfunction. Bulbs toggle differently. Gif attached

I’m having similar issues as described here, installed a cluster of five Ledvance / Osram GU 5.3 MR16 bulbs (to be exact: SMART+ ZB SPOT 5 W 12 V 36° GU5.3 MR) and I’m also using a Conbee II in combinatian with ZHA and having also trouble with proper toggling.

I updated my Conbee II to the latest firmware, factory resetted and re-paired my new bulbs, but still having the same problems.

So I ordered instead of a C2531 a Sonoff ZigBee 3.0 USB DDongle Plus, which is equipped with the CC2652P, which should be more suitable to handle my ~60 Zigbee devices.

I hope I can easily exchange the hubs and easily change the radio type (tips to change the radio are appreciated!)

I moved from ZHA to Deconz and everything works properly now. I have a raspbee2.

Glad to hear!. I was more inclined to the bulbs rather than conbee II but I’m glad that fixed it!

Also changing coordinator didn’t require repairing? That’s awesome… I might consider it then for sure.

Did you have to repair?
Edit: I can’t test it, when I install the integration it tells me to authenticate the app by going to phoscon UI, but I have no access to phoscon since it is not finding any gateway weird…

I re-paired all devices just in case anyway. If you call that repairing then yes :slight_smile:

Make sure ZHA or Z2M isn’t reserving the USB/TTY device before starting deconz: Stop/disable/delete those integrations/addons.

Yeah forget about the C2531, I had one and changed almost inmediately to Conbee II.
Now since @amadeus feedback I’m definitely buying the sonoff too, which is like 15€ in aliexpress. Pretty cheap, worth the investment.

Hi Thomas, When you have changed to the Sonoff Zigbee I would appreciate any advice/story on how to change.

Im in the process of convincing my self to replace the conbee. Not easy, as I fear I have to physically go to the devices. A number of them are very hard to reach.

I will try to use this guide: Zigbee Network Migration · GitHub
and mix it with these commands from this this video

I’m absolutley no expert, so if my plan is not clever, please stop me :smiley:

@khvej8

I made the switch from Conbee II to Sonoff ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus and had not to repair or rename any device / entity.

Today a friend of mine helped me a little bit, but these both guides worked very well:

This one:

and replaced the install/backup/restore part with this one:

Now I’m able to switch a cluster of my Ledvance bulbs at once without any hiccups :slight_smile:

Hi Thomas, Thanks for letting me know. I will purchase one and give it a try.

You didnt do anything besides that? I just tried to change from conbee II to sonoff and it doesn’t work… Any ideas somone?

no, nothing more.

i was prepared to reconnect all bulbs and already unpaired the first one, as i noticed that all other bulbs worked without any problems.

Well in my case from Conbee II to Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 I had to repair everything

The issuse of the bulbs still happen, not that frequently tho. I’m assuming its going to be the bulbs or I don’t know.

I’ll stick with the sonoff anyways

Switched from Conbee II to CC2562P (SMLIGHT SLZB-05) and the first feeling is very positive. So far, I haven’t encountered any issues with turning multiple bulbs on and off :+1:

I had to repair everything unfortunately, but so far it was worth it.

I occasionally had still some issues using the CC2652P Sonoff ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus with ZHA (turning the lights off, couple of seconds later the lights were back on), but the last HA update and switching to the new groups solve 99% of my issues :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “switching to the new groups”?

I’ve been a couple of months with no issues, so I could say the problem is fixed.
What I did:

• Replaced the dongle for a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0
  • Migrated to z2mqtt
  • The old CC2531 working as a repeater.

I don’t know what fixed the problem, maybe one thing maybe everything, but didn’t get any more issues since I did that.

hi guys,
did anyone tested the latest conbee ii firmware with Z2M? Is it any better or the issue stil presist?
The “solution” to switch to the new sonoff zigbee 3.0 is not for me since it does not support green devices so far :slight_smile: