🔌 Light Hook - Control any light (RGB, color temp, brightness) with one of the supported controllers

I am too having issues with the IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR controller.

HA Version Information:
Home Assistant 2023.2.5
Supervisor 2023.01.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230202.0 - latest

If in Hook - Light, I set the controller model to “IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control” single pressing the the “up” button will turn on the lights while the “down” button switches them off. None of the other actions work.

When I set the controller model to “IKEA E2001/E2002 STYRBAR Remote control (#2)” single pressing the up and down buttons will dim / brighten the light. Again, no other actions work.

The light I’m trying to control is a “TRADFRI bulb E14 WS globe 470lm by IKEA of Sweden”. Using controls from lovelace just works fine, so I know the lights itself are working as they should.

Do I need to setup some sort of mapping manually? Did I miss something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello everybody,

I’m new to this home assistant thing and I’m having trouble to change the brightness of an IKEA RGB lamp with the E1810 remote.
I have a conbee II and I used the blueprints for the remote and the hook for the lights. The turn on/off and the color change work perfectly using the light hook. But, the 2 buttons for the brightness do not do anything to the light.
What am I doing wrong.
Thank you!

I am also having troubles with RGB bulb:

and my controller

it turns on/off, but it never cycles through full brightness as the original IKEA thing does (which is annoying, as that’s the color I want the most).

I have the same problem!

Also using IKEA lights

Hi, i have exact the same Problem with E2002 and a Tradfri LED 1055 lm. Do you found a fix?

Hey there,

I use the IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer blueprint and this Light Hook to control one or more lights with the e1743.
The main functions are working fine. But if I increase or decrease the brightness and release the button, the brightness continues to increase or decrease until the end.
Has anyone ever had this problem?

We have in the bedroom on each side a bed light and on each side a Philips Hue dimmer V2, and also other lights in the bedroom we want to control.

I want to use the on, up, down buttons to control the light of the bed lights side (default actions), and the Hue (off) button to control a scene toggle switch script (short press), And on/off all lights of the room (Long press)

I use this Hook with the Philips Hue dimmer switch V2 and 2 different lights (groups) to control.

I have hooked it like the documentation say’s and it is working fine, until i override the default actions with a specific action. It does both actions. Is this the way it is intended or am i doing something wrong?

My own specified actions:

Hi there,

same issue here, but with the E2002 IKEA remote. ON/OFF (short press up/down, respectively) and color temperature (short press left/right) works. But whenever I long press up or down, the light bulb will go to max brightness or off, respectively.

Has anyone solved this or know what to do? Thanks :slight_smile:

P.S.: Just found out, if that helps
 it can be stopped at any time by shortly pressing the “up” button. Sure this is still not as intended.