This blueprint is part of the Awesome HA Blueprints project.
Read more about it on the related Community Forum topic.
Updates will be published on the project’s GitHub repository.
Click the badge to import this Blueprint (needs Home Assistant Core 2021.3 or higher)
Copy this link if you want to import the blueprint in your installation.
This Hook blueprint allows to build a controller-based automation to control a light. Supports brightness and color control both for white temperature and rgb lights.
An automation created with this blueprint must be linked to a Controller automation. Controllers are blueprints which allow to easily integrate a wide range of controllers and use them to run a set of actions when interacting with them. They expose an abstract interface used by Hooks to create controller-based automations.
See the list of Controllers supported by this Hook for additional details.
Full documentation regarding requirements, inputs and how to setup this Hook with one of the supported controllers is available here.
Docs provide all the information you need to properly configure this blueprint on your instance.
- IKEA E1524/E1810 5-Button Remote
- IKEA E1743 On/Off Switch & Dimmer
- IKEA E1744 SYMFONISK Rotary Remote
- IKEA E1812 Shortcut button
- IKEA ICTC-G-1 TRADFRI wireless dimmer
- Philips Hue Dimmer switch
- 2021-03-04: first blueprint version
- 2021-03-07: add support for IKEA E1744 SYMFONISK rotary remote
- 2021-03-14: add support for IKEA E1812 Shortcut button, fix E1743 naming
- 2021-03-25: update action mapping for IKEA E1744. If you’re using this Hook with an IKEA E1744, please update also the corresponding Controller blueprint
- set minimum and maximum light brightness
- specify number of steps from min to max brightness, both for short and long actions, when controlling the light
- allow to force brightness to a specific value when turning on the light
- 2021-03-27: add support for Philips Hue dimmer switch
- 2021-04-06: fix light color modes not allowing to configure an automation with color temperature control.
- add smooth power on/off features
- breaking change: by default the light now turns off when a brightness down command is received and light is at minimum brightness. To disable this behaviour, turn off the smooth power off feature.
- fix some optional fields name.
- 2021-04-19: remove unused variable, fix warnings for undefined variables in Home Assistant Core >=2021.4.0
Happy automating to everyone!