Light Switches

I will change all light switches in the house to z-wave ones. There is no space to add a puck so I will buy complete ones. Any good ones out there?

I personally have several different kinds of GE/Jasco switches and I’ve been pretty happy with them. But whatever brand you go with, try to make sure all the devices are Z-Wave Plus.

Hi! Yea zvawe plus is a must but there seems to be a lot around.

Probably depends on where you live. Here in the US Midwest, I can get GE Z-Wave switches and dimmers at the local Lowes for about the same price I can get them from Amazon, etc. That’s mainly why I’ve used them.

The only thing that I’ve been less than thrilled about is, if you use an Add-On switch to create a 3-way or 4-way configuration, HA doesn’t get updated when the switch is changed from one of the Add-On’s like it does when the switch is changed directly. (I’m talking about manually turning the light on or off at the switches.) So, in this case, you will need to enable polling for any switch that has Add-Ons connected to them. That seems to work reasonably well. I don’t know if other brands have a similar issue.

I want to use this kind of switches because of the delay in a switch like Wallmote. For children, wife, friends etc is is strange when a light does not react directly when you press the paddle.

I bought one of these for test and up to now it works very well

TKB TZ36-D Home Wall Switch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MQNW9YX/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i2?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01MQNW9YX&pd_rd_r=edfcd744-8bd7-11e8-b2a8-3bfa5c4f60e1&pd_rd_w=I5pIw&pd_rd_wg=mISp2&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=17R6FM90GH6TT8J4D2G3&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=187bec3b-0822-4044-bbe9-441718232b3f&pf_rd_i=desktop