Light.turn_off service not working with brightness

Hello, I was testing an issue I was having with an AppDaemon automation where my lights would not turn on, however the entity in HA was showing the state as on. So I went to the developer tools to use the light.turn_on service, setting brightness to some random value, and it did not work. The yaml looks as follows

service: light.turn_on
data:
  brightness: 61
target:
  entity_id: light.gym_lights

The light is a GE zigbee in-wall dimmer switch managed by Zigbee2mqtt running on a proxmox container with a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB dongle plus. The light.turn_on service works without setting brightness however, and light.turn_off also works.

I’m looking at logs for both home assistant and zigbee2mqtt and I see posts to the topic and the state turning to on, but no actual error messages. Is there something else I can check to see what’s going on?

Just an update. I removed and repaired the dimmer switch and the behavior changed slightly. Now I can call the light.turn_on service with brightness and it will work, sometimes. But calling the service from AppDaemon isn’t working, so I guess I should post in that forum.

However, I have the exact same model somewhere else in the house which does work with AppDaemon calling the light.turn_on service with brightness, so I don’t know if the issue is with AppDaemon, Zigbee2MQTT, or my zigbee mesh (which seems fine given the number of routers I have).

Same issue here with a Candeo C201 dimmer module (Amazon elcheapo). These are new to me, so they’ve never worked properly. My Sonoff units are working OK.

I replaced the switch with a newer model Enbrighten and it’s no longer happening. No idea what was going on there.

Did you manage to resolve this with the Candeo C201, I am having the same issue?