Light turned on by system generated service light turn on?

Hi all,

I just received my shaesh zzh stick. Installed this stick and installed Zigbee2mqtt.
After pairing the devices (which wet very well) I created some automations to turns on my kitchen lights.
My kitchen lights are 3 IKEA tradfri GU; and motion is detected by an Human Xiaomi motion detector.
This automation is working but… sometimes after the lights turned off when no motion is dected; 1 of those kitchen lights is turned on. Which is weird. When looking at the Hassio logbook I see something strange. It looks like (in this case) Keuken 2 is automatically turned on by service ‘light turn on’. But I cannot see to figure out why this light is turned on. All kitchen lights (kitchen 1, 2 and 3) are in one light group called ‘Keuken’.

Any idea on how to debug this? Why is this happening and why is kitchen 2 triggered?

I debugged this issue and somehow; randomly kitchen 1, 2 or 3 is triggered 10 seconds after the ‘light.turn_off’ automation. See this pastebin. https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/nXVtnXz6xb/

I’m using zigbee2mqtt. Logs in zigbee2mqtt (first line is the actual automation).

And the automation itelsef:

---
alias: Lampen - Keukenverlichting uitzetten
description: ''

trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.kitchen_motion_occupancy
    platform: state
    to: 'off'

condition: []

action:
  - service: light.turn_off
    data:
      entity_id: light.kitchen

Any idea on how to debug this even further; the logs aren’t making any sense to me

Did you get to the bottom of this?
I’ve just experienced the same thing:

Two of my lights unexpectedly turned on, no obvious reason why

Also strange that there’s no trace for the lights

Hey folks, did you manage to diagnose this? I’ve just ran into the same issue :frowning:

In my case, it was caused by #1 in Frequently Asked Questions · claytonjn/hass-circadian_lighting Wiki (github.com)

1 Like

I have been having this problem for some time, “light.turn_on” I cannot figure out how to troubleshoot further than the logbook which does not provide enough detail. I’ve looked in developer tools // service. I am not a programmer so I might be in way over my head but something is telling my lights to turn on. Also, all the light that I am having issues with are all ran through localtuya. Maybe that is the issue??

I also have this issue. I made a schedule (helper) where my EV should be charging. My charger is switched on/off by a Zigbee smart plug which switches a relais for my car charger.

The schedule is set to charge every mo, tue, wen, thu from 00:00 to 06:00. The charger automation uses this schedule and switches the charger on and off at the right time and the automation also sends notification. On mo, tue, we, thu I get the norifications.

Where it goes wrong is Fridays. On Friday 00:00 my charger is switched on by a sensor.light_on trigger and turned off at 06:00 by sensor.light_off trigger.

Charging

I can’t figure out where this trigger comes from. I don’t get notifications from my automation and the automation history shows no trigger at those times.

I checked averything for what could trigger this, but can’t find anything wrong.