Lightning strikes nearby

Is it possible to deactivate the persistent notification when a new version is available?

I thought the nofitication only appears when a new version is published. But today the notification had come up more than 5 times.

@dennis84de notification shows when you use older version and you reconnect to mqtt server (it is a message with retained flag stored on special topic on mqtt server, that’s why it comes after each reconnect). I’ve just disabled these notifications on server side for now (at least until I find a way to remove these duplicates). Thanks for reporting it!

@mrk Love the custom integration, nice work! I have a couple of suggestions, happy to add to github if you are interested:

1. To be able to select units km/miles - kilometres mean nothing to me in the UK :smiley:
  2. To be able to select showing degrees or “compass direction” (sorry the correct term escapes me - I mean N, W, NE etc) - i.e. I assume a 45° azimuth means the storm is NE from my location?

Thanks again, makes a nice addition to the data from my own weatherstation :+1:

1 Like

I must say: Very nice work! What I would like, is to add it to a “map card”, so I can actually see where those hits are? Do you have a suggestion, of how I can accomplish that? And I also would +1 for the sensor “storm is coming” (and the opposite) an the track speed? Those would be very nice options!

And again! Thank you for this nice addition!

Try this card, I am the one I use. You just have to change the coordinates at the end of the line.

aspect_ratio: 100%
type: iframe
url: >-
  https://map.blitzortung.org/index.php?interactive=0&NavigationControl=0&FullScreenControl=0&Cookies=0&InfoDiv=0&MenuButtonDiv=0&ScaleControl=0&LinksCheckboxChecked=1&MapalLuetyDISE&RANGE%20=%20%22ancho%20=%22%20480%20%22alto%20=%22%20360%20%22#5.47/43.076/-5.838
3 Likes

I’ve been trying to get this working but after installing it in HACS it doesn´t appear in configuration/integrations. I have the mosquitto broker installed. There probably is a step along the way that I’ve missed but cant seem to figure it out myself… any ideas?

Just installed the other day as well. It took a few reboots, along with some activity yesterday in my radius area for it to show up. Try manually triggering an event and see if that gets it going.

it would be great if HA could become a decentralized peer-to-peer, serverless network among members who want to determine where lightning struck

That would be awesome for a Bunch of things… Rain Accumulation, Wind, etc… Little Weather stations reporting in that others could use if applicable as a data feed.

1 Like

I would like to have a automation that, if lightnings are detected nearby, switches off several plugs, so that plug-detached devices cannot get harmed by lightning inducted over-voltage in the power line.

It is better to have hardware thunder :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: detector, to allow it work offline. Because when there is thunder, in can be no internet 🛜