Lightwave Generation 2 component

Hi Chris, can you send me any output from the log? Preferably with extra logging turned on (add the following to configuration.yaml)

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    lightwave2.lightwave2: debug

Ok will do later when I get back home. Thanks

This is all there is
2020-08-22 11:37:14 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-08-22 11:37:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for lightwave2 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-08-22 11:37:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up upnp platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 184, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/upnp/sensor.py”, line 91, in async_setup_entry
device: Device = hass.data[DOMAIN][DOMAIN_DEVICES][udn]
Dont think thats what you wanted is it.
Did add the extra lines to my yam file first

The only other difference between what i have done setting this up to what i did 4 weeks ago on my last build is that this is the 64bit version.?

If it’s a new setup, it’s possible that it’s just taking a while to download all of the required libraries. Can you leave it running for a few hours and see if that helps? Is everything else working?

PS is the component showing up in the integrations menu?

Set up HACKs lats night and left it running. Everything else is OK just Lightwave and Sonoff to go then just organization and automation to get back to.

Yes its showing in the HACS integration page

Loosk like this bit didn’t fire

Says to run once but didn’t run at all.
Problem is i don’t understand as yet how it works. If there a flag somewhere i need to remove maybe.

/config/custom_components/lightwave2/translations/en.json
“config”: {
“abort”: {
“single_instance_allowed”: “Only a single configuration of this component is allowed.”
},
“step”: {
“user”: {
“data”: {
“username”: “Username”,
“password”: “Password”
},
“description”: “Enter Lightwave username and password”,
“title”: “Lightwave 2”
}
},
“title”: “Lightwave 2”
},
“options”: {
“step”: {
“user”: {
“data”: {
“lightwave_publicapi”: “Use public API?”
}
}
}
}

}

Ok so looks like it took some time to load in and i was a bit blind. now it’s loaded into the normal integrations page and its working.
Sorry and thanks for your time on this. it was you asking about the integrations page that got me thinking if it should be in both.

Chris

Morning,

I’m testing this out at the moment and had a question which I couldn’t seem to find the answer to. Does Lightwave2 communicate directly to the Link Plus hub over the local network, or is there a dependency on an internet connection?

Thank you for your excellent contribution! :slight_smile:

It requires an internet connection. All control by the lightwave gen 2 hub (“link plus”) goes via the lightwave servers. (By which I mean not just my component, but any method of control)

Morning,

Thanks for answering my question. this is a real shame as this may be a deal breaker for me. I was considering kitting out my entire house with lightwave sockets and switches but I have a requirement on local access to the hub for HA. It’s a requirement due to rural living and having an unreliable internet connection from the 1990’s, anything with a net dependency will run into frequent issues.

I’m already seeing issues in my testing with HA not being able to toggle switches/lights now and then, but the app on the phone does seem to work. For example, I just tried to switch on the light, the switch in HA toggles to on, sits there for around 20 seconds then slides to off. I can see the request in the HA debug log, but no error/warning etc. The light on the hub is green, If I try the same thing in the phone app it works correctly. If I restart HA it will work again for a while.

Is there some sort of keep-alive request, or disconnect detection in the Lightwave2 component that can be adjusted? something is losing connection and not establishing it again.

Does anybody know if it is possible to talk direct to the link plus locally?

On the local control: the official app connects via the internet, and the official API connects via the internet (a different method). I’ve not seen anyone looking for local control methods, and I highly doubt there is one. I think the only possibility would be to spoof the lightwave servers, but rather than going to that effort I think you’re just better off using different kit. You could try contacting lightwave to see if they have any plans to allow local control, but I suspect they’ll say no.

On the dropped connection, the component should detect failed requests and dropped connections and re-establish the connection and retry. The behaviour described is therefore not what’s intended. Can you increase the logging level for the component (instructions elsewhere in this thread, sorry I’m on mobile ATM) and send me logs?

Morning,

I reached out to Lightwave to check. I asked about local access, to which the reply is “This is something that we may be looking to implement in the future”.

I am concerned that in the event of an internet outage (very common for us, yay 1Mb ADSL), all of my automations would break. I think if the automations are setup on the local hub, they will probably work in the event of a network outage (I need to test this today).

I’ve setup the component with debug logging, but the logs didn’t show anything meaningful. I’ll wait for it to misbehave again and gather the log and send across. Thank you for being a lightwave hero :wink:

general update… good news… looks like Lightwave are working on a local API to the HUB based on the feedback I’ve received via the support channels. this would be really great for things like HA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want to give feedback to bigbadblunt. Fantastic job on this. All working very well with great updates too.

Any idea when it will become an official integration? It can’t be too far off, right :wink:

I just wanted to add to this thread with regards to local control with the link plus (Gen2/ Smart), the only way is by using the HA builtin HomeKit integration.
I’ve tested it by disconnecting my internet connection and I had full control locally via HA.
Of course you don’t get full functionality as you do with the cloud API eg dimmer LED colour/ brightness control but besides that you can fully control on all the dimmers and relay (only the ‘Smart’ range) and adjust brightness levels.

Hi, Is there a way to set the brightness with the lightwave2.set_led_rgb service call?

To set the brightness of the LED? Yes - to get a dim colour, just choose one close to black. E.g. #0000FF is bright blue, #000033 is dark (dim) blue.

@bigbadblunt just wanted to say thanks for this, works a treat.