Limitlessled Miboxer WL-Box1

Hello to you all,

I am wondering if anybody has been able to get the new Miboxer WL-Box1 2.4GHz Gateway working with Home assistant.
I’ve tried all kinds of options given on this site “https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/limitlessled/” but no luck so far.

Thank you for any information.
Huib

Try link with milight smart in google home

Have you tried to choose google under voice control in the MiBoxer app?

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your reply.
I’ve been able to link the miboxer to google home and that works file.
The thing is, I am not able to see the lights, that are running under miboxer, in Home Assistant.
I want to switch these lights with a Zigbbe switch, and therefore I need them to be present as an entity.
Any help is welcome.

Huib

Here the same issue, tried with all version and all port.

I hope will be a solutions for this new gateway :smiley:

Any luck anyone on this?? Got the box connected through Tuya, but doesn’t give you much and would prefer not being connected thru Tuya

I found out that you Can only control one Gateway as one zone - so if you have 7 rooms with bulbs you Can only control them as one Unit ```

How did you connect through Tuya?
Maybe we can connect the miboxer to tuya and tuya to hass.io? Not a permanent solution but we can use the light with hass temporarily?

Tuya would be a nice termporary solution.

I got Tuya working.
Put Miboxer in pairing mode (red light flashes)
Go to Tuya app and add lighting (light wifi)
Start procedure and it will find a 2.4G gateway. (took me two times to find it)
Now you can switch and change the color of one zone.
If you have Tuya availeble in HA, you wil find the miboxer in the entities.
Good luck.

Gateway appears in Home Assistant, and Apple Home Kit, but can’t seem to change colours through Apple Home Kit… Any solutions out there?

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I did what you tell. In Tuya app, I can’t add my lights. Its automaticaly done. Its not a probleme because its in the same area for me.

But in Home Assistant, I only can turn it on or off, change intensity but can’t choose coolor, nothing apear to do that.

Can you help me please?

Hello, anyone have success with the WL-Box1? Are there better RF to WiFi bridges out there that already have HA integration? I’m planning on having multiple zones of LED strips and would be nice to control from HA as well as through physical RF remote.

2 Likes

anyone have any success with one of these RF Wifi Gateways?

1 Like

To get the colour picker, go into customizations and change supported features value to 191. Ensure the customizations yaml.file is an entry in your configuration.yaml file.

Hiw do i edit the type of remote controller?
I want to use it with a remote

I also have this bridge (MiBoxer WL-BOX1), and I have been trying to get it to work using the ‘limitlessled’ integration, but it doesn’t work, and all the options seem to be based on another type of bridge (MiBox1 or 2), which has completely different ports. I used netcat to do a portscan, and it gave me these ports:

> Connection to 192.168.178.71 6336 port [udp/*] succeeded!
> Connection to 192.168.178.71 6566 port [udp/*] succeeded!
> Connection to 192.168.178.71 8209 port [udp/*] succeeded!
> Connection to 192.168.178.71 8383 port [udp/*] succeeded!

And these are also completely different from the suggested ports in the documentation.
If anybody has any suggestions to get them to work, I would be grateful. It is not an essential part of my domotics system (I use them for an attic where the remote would also suffice), but it would be nice to have it integrated…

Hi, in the code below you can find my code with MiBoxer and MiBox1.
Mi Boxer has to be configured via the Mi boxer app ( I use Android)
The group number is related to the Mi Boxer App configuration, 2 in my case
The bad part is that Home Assistant create the entity, but I can only control MiBoxer box with Alexa, no response through HA, unfortunately…

Code:
light:
platform: limitlessled
bridges:
- host: !secret Milight_ip
groups:
- number: 1
type: white
name: Salone Bianca
# fade: ‘on’
type: bridge-led
name: Box Light
- host: !secret MiBoxer_ip
groups:
- number: 2
type: rgbw
name: Salone Colorata

Have a nice Holiday time

Marco

P.s. Sorry but when I send the message, it lost the code formatting :frowning:

Hello Marco,
I also configured the bridge using my smartphone (iphone), and it works fine with the app, but I can’t get it to work with the ‘limitlessled’ integration. I’ve tried all the combinations of port/version and type, with all of the four zones (even zone 0), but even though the entities show up in HA, none of them work. Like I said, I think the WL-BOX1 uses a different protocol, with both different port numbers, UDP instead of TCP, and probably a different command set.

Peter

BTW, here’s my setup (FWIW):

- platform: limitlessled
  bridges:
    - host: 192.168.178.71
      groups:
      - number: 0
        name: zolder0
        type: rgbww
        name: zolder1
        type: rgbww