Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

It might also be worth clearing the pip cache before reinstalling

so I blew away my virtualenv and started all over. Re-install home assistant, tried installing python_openzwave and now i’m getting this error:

invalid command name '–flavor=ozwdev'

how is that even possible?

Edit: looks like there were some character issues copying from this forum. I tried the line from github with ozwdev and it’s building. Finger’s crossed!"

How did it go?

works brilliantly. if was definitely an issue with my virtual environment where packages weren’t getting uninstalled correctely. now it’s all set up and I’m seeing the barrier class. Thank you for all your work and help!

1 Like

Stop your homeassistant then, give this a try in your virtualenv:

pip3 uninstall python_openzwave
rm /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/libopenzwave.cpython-35m-arm-linux*.so
pip3 install python_openzwave --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev"

Once complete you can check it via the command: pyozw_check
It should tell you OpenZwave Version 1.5.xxxxx

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

You do not need the control panel as it’s built into HomeAssistant now.

Yes

Make sure to use “Add Secure Node” and that you have a network key setup in your config.

Something good or something bad? :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to restart HA to have the rename(s) complete.

nope sorry

As far as I can tell it attempts to re-start contact with a device that has gone “dead” but is still really alive.

I think you’d use heal node on a “failed” node that appears fine.

Well you can copy your previous zwcfg_0xxxxx.xml over to the new file, I’m not at home right now but it should be something like ozwcfg_0xxxxxx.xml I may have the filenames wrong so check the dates and make sure HomeAssistant isn’t running before doing a copy, and make backups of each file.

Shouldn’t my automations run off the names not the node numbers.

I get an error relating to pthread_setname_np being undeclared :expressionless:

Ok, so I had to patch the latest openzwave code as it doesnt compile on freebsd, but after that I have it working!

FreeBSD is a complex beast :stuck_out_tongue: glad you got it working.

Yeah was a little tricky, but mostly just linking and include errors :smiley:

I get the below error messages each time I have the developer installed and run home assistant:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 494, in libopenzwave.notif_callback
IndexError: list index out of range
2018-01-19 19:22:19 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=<state group.automation_view=off; assumed_state=False, hidden=True, view=True, friendly_name=Automation, entity_id=('group.automation',), order=10 @ 2018-01-19T19:22:14.234695-06:00>, entity_id=group.automation_view, new_state=<state group.automation_view=on; assumed_state=False, hidden=True, view=True, friendly_name=Automation, entity_id=('group.automation',), order=10 @ 2018-01-19T19:22:19.763420-06:00>>
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'n' referenced before assignment
Exception ignored in: 'libopenzwave.notif_callback'
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'n' referenced before assignment
2018-01-19 19:22:20 INFO (Dummy-23) [openzwave] Driver ready using library Static Controller version Z-Wave 3.95
2018-01-19 19:22:20 INFO (Dummy-23) [openzwave] home_id 0xe3fb5887, controller node id is 1
2018-01-19 19:22:20 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=None, entity_id=zwave.aeotec_zw090_zstick_gen5_us, new_state=<state zwave.aeotec_zw090_zstick_gen5_us=unknown; manufacturer_name=Aeotec, new_entity_id=zwave.aeotec_zw090_zstick_gen5_us, old_entity_id=zwave.aeotec_zw090_zstick_gen5_us_1, node_id=1, friendly_name=Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 US, product_name=ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 US, node_name=Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 US @ 2018-01-19T19:22:20.685218-06:00>>
2018-01-19 19:22:20 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: old_state=None, entity_id=zwave._, new_state=<state zwave._=unknown; manufacturer_name=, new_entity_id=zwave._, old_entity_id=zwave.__4, node_id=4, friendly_name= , product_name=, node_name=  @ 2018-01-19T19:22:20.689474-06:00>>
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'OpenZWave::OZWException'
  what():  Manager.cpp:2069 - InvalidValueIDError (101) Msg: Invalid ValueID passed to GetValueAsByte
Aborted (core dumped)```

What version of HomeAssistant?

I am running .61.0

What’s showing up in your OZW_Log.txt?

Below is the warning from the log:
2018-01-20 13:50:03.680 Warning, Exception: Manager.cpp:2069 - 101 - Invalid ValueID passed to GetValueAsByte

Sounds like you may need to reset the USB stick

Just interesting that it works perfectly fine when I reinstall the regular version of open zwave. So wonder why I would have to reset it.