Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Where would that be?

I think you can just pipe the compile output to a file, or copy and paste it into a file. I think the output is captured somewhere, but not sure…

Ok, I am backing everything up. I have the github synced locally and will try again sometime in the near future. I am confused why I use flavor=dev. Isn’t this the dev branch of OpenZWave? I went through all the trouble to get the barrier support files under the master branch and then I use the dev branch which already had the barrier support files.

And just to confirm, these are the steps I need to take:

systemctl stop home-assistant.service
source /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/bin/activate
pip3 uninstall python_openzwave
export LOCAL_OPENZWAVE=/srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave
pip3 install --no-cache-dir ‘python_openzwave==0.4.3’ --install-option="–flavor=dev"
systemctl start home-assistant.service

And is it "–flavor or "—flavor or "-flavor

And the libopenzwave.a error is happening while it compiling and no changes have been made to the system at that point, correct?

Thanks

flavor=dev means it uses your local copy of open-zwave as referred to by LOCAL_OPENZWAVE. I’m assuming that the local copy is a fork of the master branch with the barrier patch like you mentioned earlier so this is exactly what you want.

Those steps look good to me! Not sure what the “source” line is, I’m guessing something to do with the virtual environment.

@firstof9 @winter,

At some point early on, I did this:

Then you have to make sure you edit:
homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py
and edit:
REQUIREMENTS = [‘pydispatcher==2.0.5’, ‘python_openzwave==0.4.0.31’]

Could this be causing me problems now?

So, when I download the openzwave github it creates a folder called open-zwave. Your local environment is set to openzwave which I think is one level up on the github. Could that be why?

ok, I finally got something started and the make seems to error again here:

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,relro -g -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/python3.5-RUbMX3/pyth on3.5-3.5.3=. -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.5/src-lib/libopenzwave/l ibopenzwave.o /home/homeassistant/open-zwave/libopenzwave.a -ludev -lstdc++ -lresolv -o build/lib.linux-armv7l-3.5/libopenzwave.cpython-35m-arm-linux-gnue abihf.so
arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++: error: /home/homeassistant/open-zwave/libopenzwave.a: No such file or directory
error: command ‘arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++’ failed with exit status 1
error
Cleaning up…
Removing source in /tmp/pip-build-axmdvxbs/python-openzwave

This will cause a problem later on when you start HA because you are installing python_openzwave 0.4.3. But this isnt the issue of the compilation problem.

Once you get the package compiled, you need to revert this back to the original.

The LOCAL_OPENZWAVE should point to the directory that contains the Makefile. I probably renamed it which is why mine didn’t line up.

This is the last error, there will be another error earlier on why libopenzwave.a didnt compile.

Also make sure you use the Preformatted text markup for compile output otherwise it does all sorts of funky stuff and makes it difficult to read.

maybe this:

Downloading python_openzwave-0.4.3.zip (136kB)
  Downloading from URL https://pypi.python.org/packages/25/10/723d45b3a390a4d4d1294909800f5121335b22922449bd331dbf81b886b0/python_openzwave-0.4.3.zip#md5=b337        8a66201ce4d88acb9f6375bf5e20 (from https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-openzwave/)
    100% |████████████████████████████████| 143kB 3.4MB/s
  Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-pj54a6e6/python-openzwave/setup.py) egg_info for package python-openzwave
    Running command python setup.py egg_info
    sysargv ['-c', 'egg_info', '--egg-base', 'pip-egg-info']
    <pyozw_setup.EmbedTemplate object at 0x760e2530>
    {'sources': ['openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/python-openzwave/src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp'], 'include_dirs': ['src-lib/libopenzwave/', 'openz        wave-embed/open-zwave-master/cpp/src', 'openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/cpp/src/value_classes', 'openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/cpp/src/platform', 'openz        wave-embed/open-zwave-master/cpp/build/linux'], 'extra_link_args': [], 'name': 'libopenzwave', 'language': 'c++', 'libraries': ['udev', 'stdc++', 'resolv'], '        extra_objects': ['openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/libopenzwave.a'], 'extra_compile_args': [], 'define_macros': [('PY_LIB_VERSION', '0.4.3'), ('PY_SSIZE_T_CL        EAN', 1), ('PY_LIB_FLAVOR', 'embed'), ('PY_LIB_BACKEND', 'cython')]}
    ['six', 'PyDispatcher>=2.0.5']
    running egg_info
    creating pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info
    writing dependency_links to pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
    writing top-level names to pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/top_level.txt
    writing pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/PKG-INFO
    writing requirements to pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/requires.txt
    writing manifest file 'pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
    reading manifest file 'pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
    writing manifest file 'pip-egg-info/python_openzwave.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
  Source in /tmp/pip-build-pj54a6e6/python-openzwave has version 0.4.3, which satisfies requirement python_openzwave==0.4.3 from https://pypi.python.org/packa        ges/25/10/723d45b3a390a4d4d1294909800f5121335b22922449bd331dbf81b886b0/python_openzwave-0.4.3.zip#md5=b3378a66201ce4d88acb9f6375bf5e20
Requirement already satisfied: six in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages (from python_openzwave==0.4.3)
Requirement already satisfied: PyDispatcher>=2.0.5 in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages (from python_openzwave==0.4.3)
Installing collected packages: python-openzwave
  Running setup.py install for python-openzwave ...     Running command /srv/homeassistant/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-b        uild-pj54a6e6/python-openzwave/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__        , 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-c7y5uy4q-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/in        clude/site/python3.5/python-openzwave --flavor=dev
    sysargv ['-c', 'install', '--record', '/tmp/pip-c7y5uy4q-record/install-record.txt', '--single-version-externally-managed', '--compile', '--install-header        s', '/srv/homeassistant/include/site/python3.5/python-openzwave']
    <pyozw_setup.DevTemplate object at 0x760d75b0>
    Requirement already satisfied: Cython in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages
    {'define_macros': [('PY_LIB_VERSION', '0.4.3'), ('PY_SSIZE_T_CLEAN', 1), ('PY_LIB_FLAVOR', 'dev'), ('PY_LIB_BACKEND', 'cython')], 'name': 'libopenzwave',         'libraries': ['udev', 'stdc++', 'resolv'], 'extra_link_args': [], 'extra_compile_args': [], 'include_dirs': ['/home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src', '/home/        homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src/value_classes', '/home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src/platform', '/home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/build/linux'], 'langua        ge': 'c++', 'extra_objects': ['/home/homeassistant/open-zwave/libopenzwave.a'], 'sources': ['src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx']}
    ['six', 'PyDispatcher>=2.0.5', 'Cython']
    Requirement already satisfied: Cython in /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages
    running install
    flavor --flavor=dev
    running build_openzwave
    Found g++ : /usr/bin/g++
    Found gcc : /usr/bin/gcc
    Found make : /usr/bin/make
    Found gmake : None
    Found pkg-config : /usr/bin/pkg-config
    Found library udev : True
    Found library stdc++ : False
    Found library resolv : False
    Found library yaml-0.1 : True
    Found library libopenzwave : False
    Found library python : True
    Found library python2 : True
    Found library python3 : True
    Build openzwave ... be patient ...
    b'/bin/sh: 1: cannot create /home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src/vers.cpp: Permission denied\n'
    b'/bin/sh: 1: cannot create /home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src/vers.cpp: Permission denied\n'

b'make[1]: *** [/home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src/vers.cpp] Error 2\n'
    b'make[1]: *** [/home/homeassistant/open-zwave/cpp/src/vers.cpp] Error 2\n'

b'make: *** [all] Error 2\n'
    b'make: *** [all] Error 2\n'

I am thinking I need to pull the git hub as my home assistant user:

sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant

instead of pi?

Ah yes, this looks like the problem as it can’t create the compiled binaries because permissions are wrong, likely root owner.

Either clone as the homeassistant user, or run chown/chmod to fix permissions.

Run as the root user, something like:

chown -R homeassistant /home/homeassistant/open-zwave

@winter
Bam!!!

thank you sir, very much. it compiled and installed.

how do I check I have the right version?

Well you do have the right version of python-openzwave assuming you ran the above install.

But I’m assuming you are asking about what version of open-zwave you have installed. I’m not sure if you can check this easily, and even if you could how would you know that the barrier class was added.

I would just add the garage door and see if it shows up as a known manufacturer and as a lock device :slight_smile:

Add the garage door. Why in the heck would I do that when after I rebooted it was just sitting there waiting to be used :grinning:

Siren also. Just sitting there all good to go.

Next step is to add my alarm panel as a secondary device and hope everything syncs up nicely. I still don’t have a state in HA for the panel so I am not optimistic.

I still may need to find support for my panel like the garage door opener.

Thanks again for hanging in there.

What alarm panel are you using? I am interested in setting up an alarm system as well but haven’t found anything that will integrate.

2gig gc3 and alarm.com. I can use alarm.com to detect when the system is armed/disarmed and if the panel doesn’t sync, I plan on using the two hard wired dry contact relays on the panel to report different states of the panel. Been a very long road but I am almost there.

Are you guys getting slow restarts with 64.3 and 1.5? or Multiple starts required to get it going? I just went from 63 to 64.3… Updated OpenZwave from 0.4.3 to 0.4.4 (1.5v) and running into this issue.

1 Like

Ok slow restarts settled after a few reboots. The problem I am now having on 64.3 is that when I add the garage I do not get the cover component at all. I have tried removing it a few times rebooting Hass and Go-Control… Adding as secure… Adding as normal… Anyone else experience something similar? I tried searching about but nothing.

@ttaidapos what I have found is wait for it to initialize fully to where it is complete, and then refresh the node. Has worked every time. This is using open zwave 0.4.3.

2 Likes