Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

I have not run into any issues with ZWave and 0.70

so little confused as to how this came about. how do you move from 1.4 to 1.5
python_openzwave is 0.4.4 - but OZWlog shows 1.4XXX starting up?

using the dev flavor previously, does anything else need changing or is there a way to remove things and rebuild?

getting LOADS of these in OZWlog.txt:

Error in Product Config file at line 3 - missing Revision attribute

Execute from your venv:
pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.3' --install-option="–flavor=ozwdev"

Make sure HA isn’t running while doing this. Once it’s done, fire HA back up. You’ll have 1.5.xxxx

1 Like

tried that - its seems something is either corrupted somewhere, or has been overwritten.
when using 1.5 and 0.4.4 HA crashes out with the above error.
Cant tell if i need to recompile open-zwave, re-add barrierclass info or what. totally confused now :frowning:

now even getting an error when running pyozw_check :confused:

with your command above 0.4.3:
2018-05-28 13:18:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/jamie/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 143, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/home/jamie/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 229, in async_setup
from openzwave.option import ZWaveOption
File “/home/jamie/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py”, line 29, in
import libopenzwave
ImportError: libopenzwave.so.1.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Your library file is somehow missing. This file compiles when you execute the pip command, did you get any errors when you ran the pip command?

thank you firstly for your help!
I got a few red remarks on the install (but also checking it should be 0.4.3 and not 0.4.4 ?)
but compiles successfully

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.4.11 which is incompatible.
pyatv 0.3.9 has requirement aiohttp<3,>=2.3.0, but you’ll have aiohttp 3.1.3 which is incompatible.
netdisco 1.2.4 has requirement zeroconf==0.19.1, but you’ll have zeroconf 0.20.0 which is incompatible.
myusps 1.3.2 has requirement requests==2.12.4, but you’ll have requests 2.18.4 which is incompatible.
fedexdeliverymanager 1.0.4 has requirement beautifulsoup4==4.5.1, but you’ll have beautifulsoup4 4.6.0 which is incompatible.
fedexdeliverymanager 1.0.4 has requirement requests==2.12.4, but you’ll have requests 2.18.4 which is incompatible.

cant figure out how these are all connected.

OZWlog.txt shows
1.5.0 starting up

0.4.3 is the version being used.
however the library is looking for libopenzwave.so.1.4
HOWEVER
libopenzwave.so.1.5 is in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

i’m assuming i need to create some kind of link between them? just cant figure out how or where?

reverted back to now:
HA 0.69.1

and things seem to be working again. there must be something in the 0.70 upgrade that changed something. I also cant really tell what though. little reluctant to try again to upgrade as cant go another day without any z-wave components not working.

I did notice that
pip3 uninstall python_openzwave
didnt actually uninstall - found out that running HA still has OZW 1.4. so now even more confused. I’m wondering if there are now conflicting versions and so any thoughts on how i can kinda clean up the zwave install?

1 Like

What type of install you using? Raspbian? Debian? Ubuntu?

ubuntu 16.10 venv

Have you updated to Python 3.6x and which method? It is possible something is slightly out of place.

Yep - python 3.6

To be honest no idea - couldn’t figure out why when using python_openzwave 0.4.4 and 1.5 HA was looking for libopenzwave.so.1.4 (and not libopenzwave.so.1.5) - sadly don’t have enough dev knowledge to troubleshoot beyond that (and having some attributes missing In the product xml).

I just wish OZW would add barrier support to the master branch. It’s only been what, a year since the issue was raised :frowning:

Thankfully things are working on 0.69.1 but also can’t tell what 0.70 changes that ‘could’ break stuff :-/

It is almost 2 years. I can’t imagine how complex recreating the Z-Wave protocol must be. Add the flood of new devices and it must be overwhelming.

So, I just got back to this thread since I was able to get everything working back in Feb. I haven’t updated my OZW fork since then either. Been busy with other things. On the current version of HA and everything works fine. I see you are back to the dev version. Are things still added to the OZW fork to make it worth while to synce up things and recompile?

So after reading through, some people are installing the dev version of OZW and others are forking the master branch of OZW and adding the barrier cover files, compiling locally and installing. I am doing the later and I am on HA 0.70.0.

Should I be doing:

1. pip3 install --no-cache-dir ‘python_openzwave==0.4.3’ --install-option="–flavor=dev"

Or

1. pip3 install --no-cache-dir ‘python_openzwave==0.4.4’ --install-option="–flavor=dev"

The only difference being the OZW version.

Thanks in advance.

Always install the exact version that matches what is in requirements_all.txt file. Right now that is 0.4.3, but could change with each release so alway check when upgrading.

If you install something different, when HA starts it will detect the right version is not installed and install it in /config/deps/ directory and use it (which will not have the –flavor=dev option).

1 Like

Thank you very much. Where can I find the txt file you mentioned?

Also, since I keep upgrading and not Installing the flavor=dev option, I wonder why I haven’t lost my garage door opener?

I’d be interested to see the steps to use the master branch (non dev) and adding the cover files. I’ve been using the dev version for about a month, and while it works quite well, I have a couple of zwave devices (schlage be469), that do not work the same as everyone else running the master branch. Problem is there are not a ton of people running the dev flavor of openzwave who also have the schlage be469 lock. I did find one other person @winter who has the same behavior with his locks, and even created a branch to the dev flavor with some changes, and submitted a bug to openzwave, but I suspect it will take a while for this to be official, and I’m ready to just get this all working and move on for now.

I’d be more than happy just adding the necessary updates to get cover support.

But i’m a bit new to branching, compiling, etc. I’m good at following step by step directions, though, haha. I see some instructions from more than a year ago, but not sure they are still valid.

I’m running HA in a pytohon venv, running ubuntu 17.10

requirements_all.txt is located where ever HA gets installed. If you can’t find that you can look it up like this:

1. Go Here (HA git repo)
  2. Find the version you want to run and under the version number three is a commit id (to the left of the zip icon), click on it.
  3. Click on the Browse Files link towards the top right of that page
  4. Scroll down until you find requirements_all.txt and click on it.
  5. Search for python_openzwave and you find something like
# homeassistant.components.zwave
python_openzwave==0.4.3

and that is the version you want to install.