Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

Just did this and I’m still getting:

OpenZwave Version 1.4.2926 Starting Up

0.75.3 use python_openzwave==0.4.3
0.76.0 use python_openzwave==0.4.9

I didn’t change anything else. My node was has been added for a while via open zwave control panel. As long as it was added securely already, you should be fine.

Nothing special in the config:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
network_key: “0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, …”

cover:
platform: zwave

Ok that helps. Maybe it was the way you added the node. I’ll try adding using ozwcp. Which version of OZWCP are you using?

You should be able to remove it and add it with HA. I just happened to use OZWCP at the time. The key is making sure it is added securely.

In the “Z-Wave Network Management” page in HA, do a “SAVE CONFIG”, then check ozwcache_0xXXXXXXX.xml file and make sure the node has secured=“true” attribute.

<Node id=“9” name=“Garage Main Door” … secured=“true” … >

So here’s where I’m at:

<Node id="42" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="64" specific="7" roletype="5" devicetype="3078" nodetype="0" type="Secure Barrier AddOn" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" secured="true" query_stage="Dynamic">
		<Manufacturer id="14f" name="Linear">
			<Product type="4744" id="3530" name="GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller" />

Dockerfile:

FROM homeassistant/home-assistant:0.75.3
RUN set -e && \
    pip3 uninstall -y python-openzwave && \
    pip3 install --upgrade cython==0.24.1 && \
    pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.9' --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev"

HomeAssistant:
still shows all sensors

OZWCP shows:

Clicking save in zwave network page of HA didn’t make a change to the ozwcache_0xe181899c.xml file. I also have a zwcfg_0xe181899c.xml file that does appear to be changing.

Tagging @firstof9

is

cover:
platform: zwave

something new? I upgraded my openzwave to 0.4.9 and my garage door opener still isn’t showing up.

OpenZwave Version 1.4.3163 Starting Up

I use the cloned open zwave github with patched barrier class files.

Any ideas?

You need the cover directive to tell HomeAssistant to look for and activate the cover components. You need that for HA to show the cover.whateveryounamedyourdoor_state entitiy.

Yes, I also had to remove and add the garage door opener again. Looks like progress as this time it showed up as:

cover.linear_gd00z4_garage_door_opener_remote_controller_barrier_state_label

Bit of stress, but it is back and working!!!

Good to hear

I’m just gonna pair it back with the Vera and keep that programmed into home assistant. I’m beyond frustrated.

When did this become a necessity though. Never had that in my config until 0.76.0. Not even sure it is needed now but I am not going to remove it :wink:

Now that mine is working, I will look at my zwave.xml file but from memory yours looks like mine is named. You are close. Have you tried restarting ha afterwards?

Also, you may need to remove it if you have added it somewhere else. Make sure it is removed from all controllers before starting.

Are you in docker? Or a raspberry pi?

Raspberry Pi in a virtual environment

The cover component has always been a requirement.

@ottom8 OpenZwave keeps reverting to 1.4 because you keep using the wrong values in your Dockerfile. You have to match the homeassistant/home-assistant version and python_openzwave version the HA release wants. If you don’t, you will notice that HA takes forever to start, that is because HA is installing the version it wants. The matching versions are:

HA 0.75.3 use python_openzwave==0.4.3
HA 0.76.0 use python_openzwave==0.4.9

This means only the following Dockerfile settings will work (notice the 0.75.3 and 0.4.3):

FROM homeassistant/home-assistant:0.75.3
RUN set -e && \
    pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.3' --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev"

or this will work (notice the 0.76.0 and 0.4.9):

FROM homeassistant/home-assistant:0.76.0
RUN set -e && \
    pip3 install --no-cache-dir 'python_openzwave==0.4.9' --install-option="--flavor=ozwdev"

Fix the Dockerfile and I bet it will load the right version.

2 Likes

Running in a venv. If I upgrade to 76 will this still work?

Of course I’d have to clone the new version and then add the cover files but otherwise any issues with the cover files with the updated version?

Techncially should work, kinda wondering if 0.4.9 will give you issues with your door lock.

Yea me too haha. This is the first update that I’m thinking I may hold off for a while and see.